Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site. Charlotte NC USA
Albemarle is an industry leader of lithium production. We are finding better ways to supply clean and reliable energy to a growing global economy. With more than 5,000 employees around the world, we are working together to innovate, collaborate and drive our position as an industry leader. We share passion for making the world safe and sustainable, which inspires us to break barriers and set higher standards and the culture we built. This shapes a brilliant idea into reality through curiosity and courage, humility and integrity that is integral to our leaders and teams.
It is truly exciting time at Albemarle in North America. Transformation of our procurement organization is a top strategic priority for Albemarle, and we believe this presents unique and exciting career opportunities. The world is rapidly changing and we need to change with it to support the growth and success of our businesses. If you are a forward thinker, with the creativity and maturity to effectively challenge the status quo of our existing business and practices, this opportunity might be for you.
We are building a world class global capital procurement function focused on Capital Project Procurement Management that drives long term sustainable value for the business. In the current global market, driving efficient procurement in support of the overall project schedule is a fundamental goal.
- Align high-level procurement management strategies, executes plans in accordance with agreed-upon project success factors.
- Perform procurement related activities for capital project execution including sourcing and contracting management for capital investment projects.
- Lead and supervise project procurement team from engineering companies to ensure project procurement performance.
- Develop a project specific detailed go-to-market project procurement strategy and procurement plan, organize alignment with project team for any updates on the strategy and plan, ensure aligned strategy and working plan are followed.
- Ensuring that required deviations of the prescribed policies are approved internally and audit-proof documented.
- Control procurement cost, schedule, and quality of equipment for projects execution, collaborate with category management team to ensure the procurement work is fully aligned with global category management strategy.
- Align key procurement activities decisions with project stakeholders and regional procurement management.
- Align sourcing strategy with the internal customers and stakeholders. Collect inputs from stakeholders to develop project bidders list.
- Track procurement progress, completeness, and traceability of related documents.
- Leverage existing category agreements, supplier discovery, management, and engagement.
- Manage and perform bidder qualification process, get proper approval while following ALB’s bidder qualification procedure.
- Ensure confidentiality agreement in place before bidding activities.
- Develop project procurement package activities plan, maintain the dynamic plan, and drive the stakeholders to work for procurement to deliver on the plan.
- Manage to compile technical requests of RfQ and commercial requests into inquiry package, manage issues to the market to bidders from the approved bidder list on project schedule plan.
- Facilitate technical/commercial reviews, negotiations, contracting, approval workflows.
- Facilitate execution of capital procure-to-pay processes.
- Assist in change order management.
- Perform project procurement close out, capture lessons learned, provide feedback of performance of suppliers after Project completion, proper handover of the Life Cycle Asset Maintenance Data, from project team over to Operations/Maintenance team.
- Experience in working in collaborative environments is essential.
- Stakeholders’ management and communication.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Full process contract management experience both in equipment purchasing and service contracting for capital projects.
- Experience in EPCm contract and project execution management.
- Expert knowledge of commercial contract law and management principles.
- Rich negotiation experience and strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with claims and arbitrations a plus.
- Demonstrated maturity and increased responsibilities over career.
- Adaptable, flexible, persuasive, encouraging.
- Experience with claims and arbitrations a plus.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Engineering Discipline.
- 15+ years large capital procurement planning and execution in heavy industrial applications. EPC/Mining background strongly preferred. Capital equipment and Subcontracts management required.
- Familiar with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ariba and SAP experience is a plus
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply