Launched in 2015 and on a new growth trajectory, IWiMSpeakUp promotes active participation of women in industry meetings, conferences and thought-leadership initiatives, as speakers, panellists or expert participants.
IWiMSpeakUp supports event organisers by connecting them with highly qualified women in the discipline and/or region of interest, ensuring that the number and calibre of women speaking at industry events is representative of their place in the industry.
Working together, IWiMSpeakUp and forward-looking event organisers provide excellent opportunities to spotlight and leverage the experience and perspective of outstanding women in mining, and create visible change by redefining expectations of how industry expertise is presented and shared.
How it works
If you’re an event organiser, please contact us to discuss your agenda and speaking opportunities. Aside from our database of potential speakers, IWiM has extensive contacts globally, including 11,500+ members and followers and close relationships with WIM organisations, global businesses, investors and industry associations.
Any opportunities for discounts available to IWiM members are also publicised to our network.
As a potential speaker, please contact us or register here. Please clearly indicate the topics or areas you would be most comfortable discussing and/or the events you attend regularly and could speak at.
Current Speaking Opportunities
International Women in Mining (IWiM) have been partnering with a number of mining conferences for you, and want to inform you of speaking opportunities.
The AusIMM Social & Environmental (S&E) Committee would like to extend an invitation and seek expressions of interest to any members of Internal Women In Mining who would like to present a webinar through the AusIMM. Topics are varied and relate broadly to sustainable mining, environmental and social governance and performance. The webinars usually run for 50 minutes.
These webinars typically attract 20 – 50 participants who pay a small fee to AusIMM that covers logistical costs & provides a small income for the committee to support other initiatives. The S&E Committee who are all volunteers are constantly looking for quality presenters. If you would like present or know of anyone who is keen to build their industry or a related professional profile through this influential platform, the S&E Committee of the AUSIMM would appreciate them getting in touch.
The AusIMM promotes these webinars to members & opens them also to non-members with a substantial national & international reach.
If this is something that is of interest to you, please contact Kathryn East Kathryn.East@erm.com and Karin Fogarty, firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Catherine Galli on email@example.com.
IMARC, hybrid event (in person in Melbourne, AU), 25 – 27 October 2021
- Continuing the New Normal; Smarter Mining in 2021 and Beyond
- Collaborating Towards Industry Certainty & Progressing ESG
- Promoting Technology & Innovation that Drives Sustainability & Accessibility
- Climate Change & Decarbonising the Mining Industry
- Applications of AI, ML & Automation: Technology as an Enabler
- Mining & the SDGs: Closing the Gaps within Industry
- Closure, Rehabilitation & Post-Mining Considerations
- Analytics & Interpreting the Data
- Integration, Connectivity & Agility: Providing Accessibility to Mine Operations
- Modelling, Simulation & Innovation in Mine Planning and Design: Going Digital from the Get-Go
- Exploration & Discovery Opportunities
- Supporting Critical Minerals Supply to Meet Demand
- Building Community Confidence & Transparency
- Indigenous Partnerships
- Innovation that Supports Exploration and New Discoveries
- Future Workforce Planning and the Next Generation
- Electrification & The Digital Mine
- Mining’s Transition to Renewables & Hydrogen
IMARC is offering interviewer positions at IMARC Online to women in senior leadership positions, or who are board directors.
Let us know if you are interested and we will introduce you to the conference organisers directly. The sooner you tell us the sooner we can help reserve the spot for you. To do so, send us a line to detailing which slot and/or conference you are selecting. Contact Us