We are a community interest company registered in England (company registration number: 06152111) and our registered address is at 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex BN26 6EA, United Kingdom.
- users of IWiM products, those products consisting of the IWiM website (the “Website”), LinkedIn, MailChimp, events and any future products specified by IWiM (collectively the “Services”).
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
· Information that you provide to us
This includes information about you that you give us by completing forms or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Such information may include: basic Personal Data (such as first name; family name; position in the company; company name; company email address; business phone number; business address; city; postcode; country); and
· Information that we collect or generate about you
This includes information that we request from you or you choose to make available to us through or use of the Services. It also includes aggregate information and statistics and information we obtain from cookies (see “Cookies” section below).
Use of your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Send you electronic communications via the Services on or about:
- newsletters, news and events concerning IWiM and its projects; and
- opportunities to participate in activities and projects, which may from time to time include an offer from an external organisation;
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our service and may provide such aggregate information to the Services solely for these purposes.
Legal bases for using your Personal Data
We are entitled to use your Personal Data in the above manner because:
- The use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for IWiM to process your information to help us achieve our commitment to advancing women in the mining sector. Examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data include:
- where you have opted to receive electronic marketing information so that you receive information that may be useful to you. You may opt out of this as set out in the “Electronic Marketing Communications” section set out below;
- We have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge; or
- We may need to in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings.
We will not share your Personal Data outside of IWiM except:
- With third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services or mass emailing services) for the purposes of providing services to us: these third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your Personal Data as described in this privacy notice; and
- To the extent required by law, court order or in response to reasonable enquiries from law enforcement agencies: this includes, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Where we transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your Personal Data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission; or
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your Personal Data is compliant with data protection law.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Data when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your Personal Data) by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting us” section below.
Retention of Personal Data
How long we hold your Personal Data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
Electronic Marketing Communications
We will only send you electronic marketing communications if you have opted to receive them when providing your Personal Data via the Services and/or by amending your profile settings on the Services.
If you had opted to receive such electronic marketing communications but no longer want us to use your Personal Data in this way, then please click the “unsubscribe” button on any unwanted types of electronic marketing communications that you receive in the future.
The Website may use “cookies” (small pieces of information stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser) which enable us to personalise your use of the Website. If you do not want a cookie to be stored on your hard drive you should select the appropriate options on your web browser. This will not prevent you from using most features of the Website.
Protection of Personal Data
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that any Personal Data which you provide is used only for the purposes set out in the Policy. As required by the applicable data protection laws, we have strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of Personal Data.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Data that we may hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete and the right to access the Personal Data that we hold about you.;
- The right to request for us to remove all the Personal Data that we hold about you from our records. However, please note that we require certain key information from you in order to provide you with certain services that you may require and if you ask us to remove all or part of such information you may no longer be able to use or access it. Additionally, there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- In some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided to us;
- The right to object to, and the right to request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your Personal Data and / or to refuse that request; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contacting IWiM” section below.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
If you have any questions or wish to contact us in relation to the Policy or the exercise of your rights listed above, please email the Administrator at email@example.com.
Revision of the Policy
IWiM reserves the right to update the Policy from time to time. Updates to the Policy will be posted on the Website.