Location:Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Manager – Concentrator Operations and Readiness
Albemarle is looking for an experienced concentrator operations and readiness leader, to lead the spodumene concentrator during commissioning, ramp up, and finally the operation of the facility. The manager of concentrator operational readiness has the responsibility of leading the development, implementation, update and enforcement of operational readiness standards and specifications for the project delivered by the Project Development Group. Once the concentrator is commissioned, this individual will transition as the Concentrator Operations Manager with direct reports, Operations Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent and Metallurgical Superintendent.
This position is part of the lithium resources organization reporting to the Kings Mountain Lithium Project General Manager/Director. The position is based in our Kings Mountain, North Carolina location.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for coordinating the overall planning, execution, and reporting of operational readiness activities, including recruiting, systems implementation, policies and procedures development and implementation, training, and key interfaces between departments and with construction groups
- Maintain overall schedule and follow up on dates / forecast etc.
- Establish an overall integrated operational readiness schedule (within projects, operations, procurement, permitting etc.) and ensure there are adequate detailed supporting schedules for all departments.
- Oversee the implementation of the Operational Readiness Plan until full operation and financial completion is achieved
- Develop and update a comprehensive schedule for plant operations personnel to successfully transfer care custody and control from the projects group to the operations personnel.
- Interface with Project Manager to transfer project infrastructure to operations. Ensure that all operations resources are trained and qualified to participate in commissioning activities.
- Identify and escalate key issues, risks and variances and work closely with the management team to identify and implement solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and maintain processes to integrate Operational Readiness planning and reporting across multiple site functions and through the project phases of Construction, Commissioning and Ramp Up.
- Ensure required interfaces are in place between Projects and Operations at each level for effective systems commissioning and handover.
- Establish standards and quality processes for policies and procedure development to ensure documents are complete, clear and concise
- Act as Operations SME and review and approve all Concentrator design parameters, drawings, etc.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Project, SAP
- Excellent project management skills, ability to drive results through proper planning and scheduling.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of plant operating practices
- Ability to support a high-performance team through leading by example and initiative, continuous learning, and coaching.
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined, diverse teams.
- Ability to manage multiple operating units with competing resource requirements.
- Operational Excellence experience with Six Sigma, Black Belt, Lean Kaizen and continuous improvements approach
- Digital Transformation knowledge, Artificial Intelligence applied to Value Chain Processes
- Remote Integrated Control Center knowledge (RIOC)
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering degree preferred with 20+ years of progressive operations leadership experience in a mining/minerals processing setting
- Experience in start-up and commissioning of new equipment and/or facilities
- Knowledge of mine safety regulations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and with a demonstrated ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement, and construction services to complete projects
- Practical knowledge concerning design and operation of common process equipment such as crushers, ball mills, screens, flotation, slurry filtering, pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, thickeners, tailings facilities, piping, etc.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas, and acts as needed
- Trains, monitors, and oversees direct staff and contractors in safety processes and procedure, ensuring compliance to all applicable protocols and regulations
- Ensure tools, materials, supplies, and equipment is available to safely and efficiently complete tasks under his/her oversight
- Constantly communicates with internal and external stakeholder work progress and job requirements
- Collaborate with purchasing and logistics to review, manage and optimize site requirements for labor, materials, and parts – about the same as Experience leveraging outside services.
- CAPEX and OPEX budget preparation
- Plant Automation, Advance Process Control Systems
- Digital Transformation training
- Remote Operations Centers Experience (ROC)
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply