Location: Kemberton, Australia
The Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for leading a team of Electrical Team Leaders, Trade personnel and supporting shift Electricians who report to the Maintenance Superintendent to execute planned and unplanned maintenance at the Kemerton Lithium Site. Working together with the Reliability, Planning and Production teams, the Electrical Superintendent will ensure that the maintenance strategies are developed and executed safely and at optimal cost. They will have the opportunity to interact with various Albemarle global support groups and promote the Kemerton site to others as a world class facility.
- Process owner of all electrical installations and work methods on site.
- Maintain compliance with all training, inspection, reporting, repairs and maintenance functions under relevant state and federal legislation for equipment and electrical personnel and contractors.
- Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of electrical safety and maintenance. Build appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned work, i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between electrical process owner and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to electrical safety and maintenance and make appropriate choices from alternatives. Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk. Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Takes all requirements into account when making proposals. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date. Mentors colleagues. Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement. Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
- Motivates the team to work safely, and respectfully of themselves and others. Lead the Maintenance team to zero injuries and zero major incidents.
- Maintenance team to zero injuries and zero major incidents.
- Identify opportunities to coach and reward individuals to develop an inclusive culture that values and encourages diversity of thought and promotes team over individual.
- Set expectations, provide feedback and hold people accountable for their actions and responsibilities in meeting those expectations.
- Identify and remove barriers to ensure business procedures and systems function as designed.
- Train and develop maintenance personnel in the safest and most economical methods of doing their work and to continuously develop their skills.
- Coordinate multiple tasks and teams to achieve results.
- Measure, monitor, track and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure attainment of maintenance objectives. Use KPI’s to set and achieve improvement objectives.
- Identify potential risks to personnel or plant safety, reliability, quality or productivity. Lead your team in resolving issues where possible. Escalate to the relevant stakeholders to minimise impact when necessary.
- Assist asset reliability strategies to support the facility Reliability Centered Maintenance Excellence program
- Work with our support functions to prepare your team for commissioning, start-up and ongoing operation of Albemarle’s new facility in Kemerton.
- Integrate direct reports, at all levels (Team Leaders, Leading Hands and Tradespeople) into the planning and reliability teams. To support well designed and planned work and experience for equipment strategy development and problem solving. Act as the site representative for Albemarle to Worksafe in relation to electrical works / programs, High Voltage approvals, systems management and program and owners of high risk tasks / processes relative to electrical safety and management.
Work Experience Requirements
- Experience with industrial electrical installations including high voltage, automation, motor control centres and instrumentation, leadership and supervision of electrical work groups.
- A demonstrated ability to build and lead a diverse team to develop a safe, inclusive work environment that delivers reliable, cost optimised maintenance.
- A demonstrated ability to implement and sustain a safe working environment and culture
- Demonstrate experience with Reliability Excellence programs, Reliability Centered Maintenance practices and similar Asset Management Strategies and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- A demonstrated ability to facilitate teams to solve problems to root cause and implement the long term solution to eliminate the problem or improve performance.
- A demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities while maintaining key stakeholder interests and relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in team members and coach or delegate work appropriately to build capability and achieve outcomes.
- Experience in a similar front line leadership position.
- A working knowledge of continuous improvement framework.
- A working knowledge of risk management systems and framework.
- A working knowledge of operational budget development and management.
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Hold or be eligible for any Electrical statutory qualification required by the relevant State regulations.
Click HERE to apply