Location: Newton, MS
Purpose of Role
This new position will advance the digital transformation of our factories by optimizing and hardening control systems in Newton, MS with some support to other North American facilities. This role will combine data analysis, hands-on programming for small projects, and supervision of 3rd party integrators for larger projects. Success in this role will rely on close collaboration with IT, operations, maintenance, and outside contractors to guide projects from proof-of-concept through completion.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
- Standardize hardware inventory data and program backups.
- Develop and execute a risk-driven plan for upgrading legacy control systems.
- Collaborate with various teams to improve system efficiency.
- Add sensors to close gaps in data collection.
- Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for candidates that have the ability to perform the objectives above.
- Proficient in programming and integration of PLCs and HMIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of industrial control architecture best practice
- Experience deploying systems with multiple PLC’s and networked devices
Click here to apply
For additional information about what it is like to work at Weir, please visit our Career Page and LinkedIn Life Page.
Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.