Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Albemarle is looking for an experienced project and resources professional to participate as a critical member of a world-class team. The ideal candidate will partner with the Projects and Operations Teams within the Lithium Resources organization. The role will develop and implement a risk management strategy; build a complete and accurate understanding of their risks and manage them effectively, specializing in complex risk areas; and assist management in incorporating risk into decision-making.
The role will be instrumental in shaping, building, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the structure, processes, and systems for Risk Management in the early-stage project development capturing the future challenges in execution and operations. The role will be required to work closely with the senior management team to ensure world-class project studies outcomes. Candidates will have demonstrated work experience working collaboratively with multiple workstreams across functions like capital projects, geology, mining operations, permitting, human resources, supply, and external affairs, among others.
The position is based at our Kings Mountain facilities, North Carolina and reports to the Governance Manager within the Lithium Resources team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development.
- Ensure alignment with and compliance with Albemarle procedures and processes relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Broaden the Projects risk radar by considering material and non-material, strategic, reporting, compliance, and operational risks.
- Deepen the Projects risk radar by considering emerging risks and those faced today.
- Create, implement and execute the risk management framework, including setting goals for implementation and integration into business processes.
- Coach line management on how to apply the risk management process so that there is standard application across operations.
- Deliver training and build capability in the risk management strategy.
- Use the correct technique to govern, support, and lead risk assessments (identification, analysis, and evaluation) for complex and material risks, and monitor the quality of all risk assessments.
- Support line management to maintain an effective control environment considering both efficiency and effectiveness for control design, verification, and testing.
- Uses fact-based risk insights to drive business strategy, outcomes and performance.
- Identify emerging local and operational risks and changing regulatory requirements and alert line management to consider inclusion in the local risk profile.
- Analyze risk data to assess the effectiveness of applying the risk management process by Project, Operations, and Sub functions within the Resources Team, and support line management to implement improvements.
- Support the ongoing coaching and development of team members
- Use the reporting templates and routines to report on the application of the risk management process (including the risk profile) to Leadership teams.
- Manage cross-functional teams to define project risk management strategy, scope, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or another relevant field.
- 7+ years’ experience in risk management in an operational/projects environment or with knowledge of professional standards (ISO31000, COSO, RIMS, or equivalent).
- Mining or other relevant industry experience is required.
- SAP Risk Management experience preferred.
- Skillful in effective communication and stakeholder management.
- Previous experience delivering training on risk controls users with mixed expertise levels.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written). Spanish will be highly regarded.
Click HERE to apply