Location: Brisbane, Queensland
About the Project
Are you looking to make your mark with a world class, high-impact project?
Keen to join an experienced and highly respected team?
Want to contribute to significant environmental and cultural heritage values?
Then the Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) Ranger rehabilitation project is what you’re looking for!
After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage and offers an exciting opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the environment.
ERA has engaged the global engineering firm, Bechtel, to support ERA as Delivery Partner for ongoing study work.
Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
Located 8 km east of Jabiru and 260 km south-east of Darwin, the Ranger Project will lead the way in the fast-growing area of mining closures.
This is your opportunity to join an established team, develop as a professional, and work in partnership with our client – contributing to a long-term commitment to people, communities and the environment.
Please note a formal offer to the successful candidate of this site-based FIFO (fly in fly out) position will be contingent upon passing a stringent medical examination.
Interested to learn more? Visit: Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (www.riotinto.com); Energy Resources of Australia (www.energyres.com.au)
About the Role
As the Lead Project Cost Engineer, based working out of our Brisbane office, you will be responsible for supervising project cost engineering, estimating, analysis and control activities.
We will also need you to support project organizational and administrative activities.
The Project is ideally looking for someone who has demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering problems.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Provides comments and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for cost engineering activities.
• Reviews proposal provisions related to cost engineering and material control and develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates. Obtains vendor information to update the cost data file. Applies material unit rates to quantities. Maintains cost data files.
• Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific cost presentations.
• Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the- job training for specific processes and practices.
• Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
• Supervises the timely preparation of cost estimates. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of Construction operations and verifies results.
• Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Coordinates and establishes scoping requirements for the overall cost estimate by discipline or other specialty, and coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
• Coordinates pricing structure or criteria to be used by each discipline or specialty to meet the objectives of the cost estimate. Establishes format and content of summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence and identification of areas of risk.
• Provides generally non-routine cost engineering guidance to projects.
• Ensures work is completed as scheduled.
• Identifies cost trends for management attention.
• May review invoices for correct collection of revenue.
What We Offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.
We are serious about setting you up for success from the very beginning. Experience an established online onboarding process, gain access to learning and development opportunities via the Bechtel University and participate in our Talent Management and Reward and Recognition programs.