Environment and Permitting Manager
Location: Jakarta, ID
Contract type: Permanent
Eramet is one of the world’s leading mining and metallurgical companies. By joining a key player in metal mining, the development and transformation of high value-added alloys, you take the risk of experiencing intense emotions in each of your missions!
With nearly 9000 employees in 20 countries supporting the energy transition, Eramet is constantly looking for valuable resources. And for us, you are the precious resource!
Join Eramet, let your talent beat stronger!
Purpose of the position:
The position of Environment and Permitting Manager must be able to help the organization internalize in all operations the idea of sustainable development, including the creation of environmental value and support responsible mining.
Geographical scope of action: Indonesia
The project will be located on Halmahera Island in Indonesia
The Environment and Permitting Manager position is based in Jakarta, with frequent trips to the Weda Bay site and the Sonic Bay project (Halmahera, Island)
- Privileged interlocutor for national and international stakeholders related to the Indonesian site and its development projects, the person is the guarantor of compliance with environmental standards (regulations and Eramet standards).
- Manages the environmental studies related to the proposed sites, and the applications for authorizations to operate.
- Manages the legal aspects related to obtaining and maintaining operating permits in coordination with Eramet’s legal service.
- Responsible of the alignment with the project schedule.
- Ensures the implementation of environmental regulatory obligations and guarantee the robustness of environmental risk control approaches
- Ensures the integration of environmental factors at the highest level in projects and industrial practices with a view to obtaining permits, financing, and international acceptability; in particular, deploy Eramet’s best practice standards and the IRMA standard’s environmental chapters
- Guarantees the integration of Eramet’s best practices and the IRMA standard’s environmental chapters in line with the timing of projects
- Promotes Eramet’s best practices and the IRMA standard as a reference standard in Indonesia that can be integrated into environmental regulatory obligations
- Carries out the project management of environmental studies and manage the implementation of the environmental impact management plan
- Manages the monitoring/evaluation reports of all environmental actions, integrating regulatory indicators, and indicators set up with Eramet
- Assists the management and teams of the subsidiaries to implement the local and global environmental roadmaps
About you :
- Graduated level specialized in Environment / Environmental Law or similar
- Proven experience of minimum 7 to 10 years in permitting practice and operating rights in Indonesia on complex industrial sites, preferably within large industrial projects
- Knowledge of the challenges and impacts of the Mining & Metallurgy extractive sector
- Strong belief in the environment and sustainable development
- Experience in dialogue with Indonesian environmental authorities
- Indonesian native speaker / Good level of English (oral and written) / notions of Mandarin Chinese is a plus
With operations on five continents and employees from more than 66 different countries, Eramet is an inherently diverse group. We are convinced that this diversity of talents and skills is an asset and we are actively engaged in recruiting the talented people who will be crucial to our success in the future, regardless of their gender, disability, age, social or cultural origin or sexual orientation. We are committed to offering all employees the support and development opportunities they need throughout their careers.