Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Albemarle is the industry leader in lithium and lithium derivatives. We maintain the strongest vertically integrated position in the industry, from our unique natural resource position to specialty product manufacturing. As stewards of our natural resources, we at Albemarle are committed to meeting the needs of our customers for high quality products in a sustainable, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Albemarle is looking for an experienced mining industry geologist to join our Lithium Resources Group to manage all geological aspects of current and future lithium natural resource projects.
The Group Geologist will support project, operational and corporate stakeholders with high level geological expertise to ensure the success of Albemarle’s global lithium business. The role will lead the geological assessment of Albemarle’s portfolio of growth options, undertake due diligence of potential growth targets, and oversee the operational performance of our operated and joint venture projects. Given the pace of growth and investment, the Group Geologist will operate with skill and flexibility across technical, leadership and project responsibilities.
This position is part of the lithium resources organization reporting to the Senior Director of Mining Technical Services and will have global responsibility for assets across the portfolio. The position is based in our Charlotte, North Carolina headquarters.
- The role is responsible for leading the evaluation, design, and execution of current and future mineral resource projects in Lithium
- Support the preparation of industry-compliant technical reports
- Participate as a key member of the lithium resources group and build a geological team to support growth plans
- Work within the structure of existing JV agreements and influence improvement initiatives to ensure best in class performance
- Collaborate within the lithium resources group to secure relevant input across all fields and ensure the success of growth projects and operations
- Act as subject matter expert on geological review of development or growth targets
- Preparation of budget, resource development and exploration cost estimates for integration to long range planning and overall Technical Services budgets
- Lead the safe and sustainable execution of geological programs.
- Experience with geology modeling software and familiar with various modes of occurrence for lithium deposits.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with resource estimation and reserve calculation methods, preferably to industry best practices as defined in CIM, CRIRISCO, or SME references.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, interpreting, and applying geological data to mine development
- Experience in safety management of resource development and mineral exploration programs
- Ability to build and lead a global team of technical professionals
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Ability to distill complexity, and assess technical risk
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different functions
- Ability to build relationships both internal and external to the organization
- Strong business, project and technical acumen
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. or Engineering degree in Geology or related field
- 15+ years of global mining leadership experience
- Experience with mine operations, studies, and resource development projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with, and understanding of industry compliant reporting requirements
Preferred Education and Experience
- International operational experience in Australia, Chile or North America highly regarded
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, business, or related field highly regarded
- Experience as a Competent Person (CP) or Qualified Person (QP) under industry reporting codes highly regarded.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL.
Apply today here