Join the Association of Women in Mining in Africa (AWIMA) Jewellery Design Award Ceremony. An opportunity to learn about the AWIMA Jewellery project that is unveiling African design excellence and matching it with Africa’s rich mineral wealth and formidable production skills to manufacture a one of a kind AWIMA Brooch. A brooch curated under the theme of “Honouring and Unifying African Women in Mining”.
The webinar will provide an opportunity to
learn about the AWIMA Jewellery Project and meet the project team
get insights on the Jewellery Design Competition
meet the esteemed panel of judges
– Ms. Amina Egwuatu of Mina Stones
– Ms. Natacha Metayer of JNCY Jewellers
– Mr. Labi Kapo of Akapo Jewels
– find out the winner of the popular vote and judge’s choice. The popular vote prize is $500 and the judge’s choice prize is $3500
– hear about what happens next with the designs and the journey to manufacture and marketing of the AWIMA Brooch that will involve women artisanal miners, gemcutters and jewellers.
Webinar Tuesday February 16th
10 am New York, 3pm GMT, 5pm Jo’burg
Register at https://bit.ly/2YFpNlN
Vote for your favourite design!
Chose the design that most resonates with you. Vote for one of the top 10 designs https://bit.ly/3d1vWBr . Voting closes Sunday Feb 14th at 23.59hrs.
African Women in Mining email@example.com