Job Role: Environmental Supervisor
Location: Mount Milligan Mine, BC. Canada
Closes on June 2
Reporting to the Superintendent, Environment, the Environment Supervisor position requires a mix of field and office responsibilities based on site at Mount Milligan Mine. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of field crews and contractors, providing departmental and technical leadership to support Mount Milligan Mine’s Environmental Monitoring Plan and compliance reporting.
This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 14 days on / 14 days off, with a 12-hour daily schedule.
• Be a main point of contact for the Environment Department with site operational department personnel. Develop working relationships with all site based departments to instill a culture of environmental awareness and accountability through leadership.
• Supervise, mentor and coach Environment Department to ensure completion of field programs, data management, environmental incident management, and reporting.
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of consultants contracted to the environment department.
• Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Environmental Management System to ensure the safe and efficient operation in compliance with existing permits, licenses, and other regulatory requirements.
• Implement and effectively communicate environmental policies and standards across site.
• Support internal and external reporting.
• Review and oversee project / site activity from an environmental perspective to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements and commitments with First Nations groups.
• Coordinate onsite environment monitoring and data collection.
• Identify and mitigate environmental risks associated with project and site activities.
• Understand and comply with environmental permits and regulatory requirements.
• Develop working relationships with all site based departments to instill a culture of environmental awareness and accountability through leadership.
• Be a courageous safety leader with a commitment to Health & Safety, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), and Cultural Awareness programs
• Perform any other responsibilities related to the Environmental Supervisor role as required or as assigned by the department head.
• Actively participate in and help lead site safety initiatives.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or college technical diploma in Biology, Environmental Science or a related Natural Resources Management field or equivalent through work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in a mining environment with leadership experience.
• Current registration or eligible for registration in a professional discipline (e.g., R.P.Bio, P.Ag, P.Geo) considered an asset.
• Valid BC Class 5 drivers licence.
• Valid BC Mine Supervisor Certificate (or willingness to undertake training).
• Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate (or willingness to undertake training).
• Industrial ATV/UTV and snowmobile operator certificates (or willingness to undertake training).
• Pleasure craft operator card (or willingness to undertake training).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong technical writing and data analysis skills
• Strong documentation and organizational skills
• Demonstrated familiarity with relevant BC and federal legislation and regulations (e.g., Environmental Management Act, Mines Act, HS&RC for Mines in BC, Fisheries Act) would be an asset.
• Demonstratable leader with a focus on team development,
• Details and results-oriented with the ability to multi-task, and adhere to deadlines,
• Required to meet pre-employment testing requirements.
• Good general physical ability in order to perform rigorous outdoor activity.
• Candidates must be able to maintain high levels of performance for 14 days.
Centerra Gold values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
Interested applicants may apply too through Centerra Gold’s website at https://www.centerragold.com/careers. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.