Location: Brossard, Canada
Start Your Next Opportunity with IAMGOLD
Empowering People – Extraordinary Performance
IAMGOLD is a leading mid-tier Canadian gold producer with operating gold mines on three continents. We are in growth mode, with a robust pipeline of development and exploration projects in Canada, South America and Africa. Throughout our 30 year history, we have demonstrated our commitment to responsible and sustainable mining practices, and our Zero Harm® commitment ensures that we continually strive to reach the highest standards in human health and safety, minimize our impact on the environment and support the development of the local communities in which we proudly operate. IAMGOLD was recently recognized by the Corporate Knights magazine on its Top 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada list.
At IAMGOLD we believe that by engaging, empowering and supporting each other, we can achieve extraordinary performance. Our core values guide us; we are driven to excellence in everything we do, we are accountable and operate with transparency, we conduct ourselves with respect and embrace diversity, we grow with teamwork, learning and innovation.
What We Offer
IAMGOLD believes in rewarding outstanding performance with an equally outstanding total rewards package. Our attractive offerings include:
● Competitive Salary and Bonus ● Extended Health, Dental and Insurance Benefit Coverage ● Health Spending Account ● Fitness & Wellness Subsidy ● Employee & Family Assistance Program ● Registered Pension Plan with Company Match ● Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company Match ● TFSA & RRSP ● Electric Vehicle Subsidy ● Summer Hours ● End of Year Office Closure ● Flexible hybrid work model
Start Your Next Opportunity with IAMGOLD
The Geology Database Specialist works in close collaboration with divisional colleagues, IAMGOLD’s mines and project sites to support Hexagon’s MineSight geological software, maintain geological and mining databases and design and implement server and databases interfaces. Extensive travel to national and international remote mine sites.
- Support the geology MineSight software and hardware ensuring data is validated, secured and retained.
- Ensure quality control verifications and update workflows required to integrate the MineSight software into the mining sequence.
- Create and/or modify the database structure, perform data audits;
- Create the database workspace for Geology, Mine Exploration & Engineering;
- Ensure data integration, import and export;
- Maintain inventory of system maps as related to GIS (converts from CAD when necessary);
- Prepare, update, and distribute GIS maps and new information as they become available;
- Provide GIS (and other) database development, management, and maintenance;
- Collect data and perform analysis as needed.
- Collect, analyze and catalog geologic samples and study the location, character, quantity and economics of geologic deposits; interpret results and compile formal reports;
- Compile statistical data on the production and value of the geologic resources;
- Ensure assay data management;
- Quality assaying and quality control compilation and audits.
What You Need to Succeed
- College diploma or University degree in Geology or database management related diploma;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in database management; good knowledge of IT infrastructure and database administration (MS SQL, Oracle, MS Access) and basic programming experience with Python +/or R is an asset;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ Geology experience in the mining industry; very good knowledge of MineSight, GEMS, Leapfrog and GIS software (MapInfo, ArcView);
- Health and Safety mindset; experience working in environmental health and safety protocols
- High level of energy, self-motivation and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort;
- Good communication skills, both orally and written, with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization;
- Innovative thinking and ability to work under pressure;
- Must have experience in working in diverse cultures;
- Fluent French & English.
Click HERE to apply