Job title: Application Engr ll
You will be part of a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly complex application functions within Honeywell’s HPS organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the life cycle of advanced control operational applications developed for plant processes, primarily in the mining industry, with emphasis on support and continuous improvement. You will be in charge of the design, support, evaluation and implementation of advanced control applications, participating in the search for new opportunities to deliver customer value through technical control solutions – using model-based predictive control – and the identification of operating conditions in the processes where they operate.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team to improve the developed applications, ensuring their correct operation, understanding the processes where they operate quickly and efficiently, and applying your knowledge to maintain and/or improve that performance, designing and implementing APC strategies appropriate to each problem.
Design APC strategies accordingly customer needs.
Development and improvement of advanced control systems for mining clients.
Support services to mining clients: direct customer contact to alert to process deviations and propose solutions.
Upgrades of advanced control systems technology.
Support service for mining clients: maintenance of MPC controllers, failure control, performance analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Automation Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or other engineering areas.
- Intermediate English.
- Knowledge of Advanced Process Control.
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
- Experience with Model-based Predictive Control
- Desirable experience in Mining Industry or associated areas.
- Driving license
- Health compatible with high altitude
Travel availability: 50% per month (North of Chile)
- Fully understand the product lifecycle and seek means to reduce cost of the product and processes.
- Some experience in software, engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop new technologies and applications for products.
- Some programming experience, ideal using python language
- Support the technical portion of proposals to address future business opportunities with the OEM
- You find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Avenida el Bosque Norte 500 Piso 8, Santiago, REGION METROPOLITANA 750-0007 CHL
LINK to apply here