Exploration Manager – Regional Projects
Location: Val-d’Or, QC. Canada
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Eastern Canada Exploration Manager, the Exploration Manager – Regional Projects will coordinate all exploration activities on Eldorado’s regional exploration projects in Eastern Canada. The Exploration Manager – Regional Projects possesses a detailed knowledge of economic geology and exploration methodology and is routinely tasked with supervising large work programs. The Exploration Manager – Regional Projects may be asked to contribute his/her skills and knowledge to the Company’s projects outside his/her assigned region.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job responsibilities will vary based on local program requirements and Company objectives but may include:
• Participating and help directing the development of the Company’s regional exploration strategy for Eastern Canada.
• Managing the activities of geological and technical specialists assigned to the Company’s regional exploration programs.
• Applying, and being an advocate for, the Company’s values and environmental, health and safety vision and policies
• Monitoring competitor activities in the region and making recommendations for the acquisition of new exploration opportunities for the Company.
• Initiate discussions and negotiations with various third-party companies for potential joint-venture agreements on quality exploration projects.
• Sourcing and reviewing historical exploration data and analyzing and compiling data related to the Company’s exploration programs.
• Preparing project plans and budgets.
• Supervising exploration teams and contractors assigned to regional projects. Helping manage the Company’s and any contractor’s field teams in sampling, mapping, trenching, and related field programs.
• Interpreting and integrating multiple exploration data sets, including remote sensing data, regional geological data, historical exploration data and geophysical and geochemical data to evaluate regional controls on mineralization and define exploration targets.
• Evaluating detailed exploration data in a 3D environment to evaluate the geometric attributes of mineralized systems, define controls on mineralization, and identify drilling targets.
• Conducting reconnaissance field evaluation of regional exploration targets, including preparing reconnaissance-level geological maps and designing and conducting geochemical sampling programs.
• Conducting or providing oversight of detailed mapping and sampling programs of project areas, evaluating structural and stratigraphic controls on mineralization, and applying results of this work to defining drill targets.
• Providing oversight of drilling programs, including working with contractors in implementing and conducting drilling operations, helping design and manage drillcore logging and sampling programs, and providing recommendations to management based on drilling results.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to less experienced members of the geological team.
• Helping design and implement QA/QC programs directed towards ensuring the integrity of data collected during the Company’s drilling and sampling programs.
• Preparing internal geological reports summarizing results of field programs and recommending proposed follow-up activities.
• Ensuring that exploration activities are conducted according to Company standards and policies, comply with local regulations, and in a safe manner targeting zero Lost Time Injuries or Medical Treatment Cases.
• Completing weekly project updates meeting Company requirements.
• At least ten years of experience in gold exploration, including a large component of fieldwork related to geological mapping, project evaluations, drilling, and sampling.
• Strong familiarization with and field experience in orogenic gold systems.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including the ability to oversee both mapping/sampling programs and drilling programs and manage small to medium sized exploration team.
• A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
• Experience working with GIS software systems and 3D exploration software packages.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Analytical skills
• Ease of adaptation
• Excellent communicator
• Work well in a team
• Solution focused
To apply, please enter here