Job Role: Senior Mine Geologist
Location: Mount Milligan Mine, BC. Canada
Closes on June 1
Reporting to the Superintendent, Geology, the Senior Mine Geologist is responsible for production geology support and services as designated by the Superintendent, Geology.
• Foster a culture of safe work practices.
• Analyze and perform reconciliation between short and long-term models. Provide insight on model performance and recommendations for model improvements.
• Offer oversight and guidance for continuous improvement to ore control procedures and processes.
• Ensure high data quality by managing and monitoring databases, implementing data checks and validation, and communicating with Centerra Gold’s database management and IT team.
• Train, mentor and provide technical support to the geology staff in mapping, grade control, geological modeling, resource modeling, and reconciliation practices/performance.
• Design, execute and assist ongoing projects within the Geology department such as, Geometallurgical Drill Programs, Pit Wall Structural Mapping, Alteration Bench/Blasthole Chip Mapping, Resource Drilling, and Horizontal Drain Hole Design.
• Provide technical assistance to the Mine Operations, Engineering and Exploration teams for Ore Delineation and Waste Material Management, Short- and Long-Term Planning, Resource Modeling, Pit Wall Geotechnical Performance, Resource Drill Hole Planning, and Geometallurgical Performance Tracking.
• Performs any other responsibilities related to the Senior Mine Geologist role as required or as assigned by the department head.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree Geology or Earth Sciences.
• Registered or eligible to register as a P.Geo or with EGBC.
• Progressive experience as a production or ore control geologist, preferably open pit (8+ years preferred).
• Mining software experience (HxGN MinePlan MS3D preferred).
• Solid knowledge of Alkalic Porphyry deposits with strong understanding and experience in resource modeling.
• Experience in a broad range of mineral deposits is considered an asset.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to personal transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the operation.
• Team oriented and self-starter.
• Strong computer skills with the ability to integrate multiple software packages.
• Exposure to project coordination and ability to make sound project decisions.
• Effective leadership to build a strong employee culture.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• An unwavering commitment to workplace safety.
• Required to meet pre-employment testing requirements.
• Work involves a camp-based role at the Mount Milligan Mine site with a set work schedule on a 14/14 work rotation, 12 hours per day.
• Work consists of a high degree of social interaction with employees in person.
• Occasional exposure to hazardous environments with the requirement of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• The Company is committed to high quality safety, environmental and continuous improvement practices and applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in these areas.
• Mount Milligan is a safety-sensitive environment and promotes a drug & alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a ZERO – TOLERANCE policy, with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs/paraphernalia on site.
• The employee is expected to stay at the mine site, while on rotation
• Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Centerra Gold values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
Interested applicants may apply too through Centerra Gold’s website at https://www.centerragold.com/careers. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.