Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Albemarle is looking for an enthusiast resources and project professional to participate as a key member of a world-class resources team. We are seeking individuals interested in learning and receiving project management training in the mining industry for career development. The candidate will contribute to planning activities, integration of technical input, identification of innovation opportunities and setting of Project Foundations. The individual will be involved with change management, liaising with stakeholders across the organization, and will be eager to learn from different disciplines/processes and to flexibly contribute with creative solutions. Ideally will have exposure to project development, especially early stages, and demonstrated experience working collaboratively in multiple workstreams and with different functions such as: geology, mining operations, permitting, human resources, supply, and external affairs, among others.
The role will be instrumental in shaping, implementing, maintaining and improving the structure, processes and systems of the development of projects under the Lithium Resources team, to ensure world class project studies outcomes.
This position is part of the Lithium Resources organization, reporting to the Resources Study Lead and is based at our Kings Mountain location in North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the definition of project strategy, scope and deliverables.
- Assist and support the completion of different workstreams for multiple concurrent future capital projects.
- Engage and manage stakeholders to ensure alignment with team goals and objectives. Build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate and provide subject matter expertise within the larger Lithium Resources group, leading the issuance of key deliverables as well as project updates.
- Assist the integration of inputs from contributing team members and workstreams through the whole organization to shape and produce study plans.
- Manage effective communication throughout the study life cycle with internal and external stakeholders to meet project objectives.
- Support in the identification of deviations from the study plan, ensuring these are adequately communicated and managed.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement, supporting the analysis of high level/strategic assessments to identify lessons learnt, ensuring these are incorporated in future studies to deliver as per world class practices.
- Strong commitment with Safety and Sustainability values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or similar.
- 1-5 years of professional experience.
- Strong capability for the integration of disciplines, with strong business delivery focus.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience in the natural resources sector highly regarded.
- Experience in major capital projects.
- Desirable ability to communicate in Spanish.
Click HERE to apply