Location:Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Albemarle Corporation is seeking a Project Engineer for Mine re-opening / development and execution project at the King’s Mountain, NC. Under the direction of the Project / Study Manager, this role will primarily function to help plan, develop and execute the re-opening of mining operations achieving safety, operability, schedule, and cost goals on the project. Candidate must be highly motivated to manage and execute multiple projects from concept through execution with a cross functional team. The candidate will also be responsible and lead the development of the executive information and decision-making material, and will need to show very strong communication skills, both oral and written, this role will have strong visibility to senior leadership within the company.
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders, including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests, and ensuring stakeholder’s approval.
- Lead the development of the Executive information development, ensuring accurate and consistent reporting across the major phases of project development to allow timely decision are made to maintain the schedule and progression of the project.
- Ensure adequate engineering tracking and reporting controls are established to evaluate the project’s progress and schedule performance. Works with project management as well as contracting & procurement to ensure requirements are included in commercial documents.
- Research, interpret, and ensure compliance with regulatory and design codes and standards. Maintains awareness of changing requirements and considers them in engineering designs.
- Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions to engineering problems. Ensures constructability reviews are used in project phases to validate the completeness and operability of designs.
- In coordination with project manager, leads the development of the design basis for all project technical disciplines.
- Collaborates with the engineering functional team on the conceptual and front-end engineering design efforts, utilizing approved engineering service providers where needed, for capital projects that will be used to obtain funding and project approval
- Verifies drawings and design details of existing facility are up to date and all field modifications made during construction are accurately documented and released back to manufacturing in a timely manner.
- Communicates directly with outside equipment and material vendors to specify, obtain quotes, and follow up on purchases of equipment and services.
- Ensures teams (internal and external) review and revise engineering specifications and standards as required by supervision or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements
- Develops or enhances project tools and engineering guidelines used to standardize engineering design parameters and processes
- Participates in HSE reviews, permit audits and housekeeping inspections. Ensures that process hazard analysis open/action items are adequately addressed in engineering deliverables prior to full project funding
- Maintains quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Leads project team in generation and review of engineering technical documents.
- Ensures compliance with company procedures and project documentation requirements.
- Helps coordinate project controls and cost forecasting, in collaboration with Project Controls lead.
- Assists in developing project schedules and estimates
- Helps prepare project updates and reporting to site/corporate leadership
- Maintains effective communication throughout the project life cycle
- Work effectively with internal and external customers to meet project objectives
- Prior engineering experience in an industrial setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
- High level of ownership with assigned projects.
- Experience with SAP project module and other basic SAP transactions is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply