Location: Charlotte NC USA
Transformation of our procurement organization is a top strategic priority for Albemarle, and we believe this presents unique and exciting career opportunities. The world is rapidly changing, and we need to change with it to support the growth and success of our businesses. If you are a forward thinker, with the creativity and maturity to effectively challenge the status quo of our existing business and practices, this opportunity might be for you.
We are building a world class global procurement function focused around; (1) Category Management focused on driving long term sustainable value for the business (2) Procurement Operations providing exceptional support and advisement to our business unit stakeholders and (3) Data Analytics, process excellence, and technology adoption to drive and enable procurement best practices and excellent end-user experience.
The Procurement Manager manages strategic procurement, regional and local sourcing and supply management of raw materials required to support the current and future Energy Storage operations of Albemarle’s Americas Region. This individual primarily works closely with site management, Energy Storage Global Business Unit supply chain personnel, and team members that support Energy Storage operations and the broader Global Procurement function in the efficient and effective planning and execution of materials sourcing strategies for the site and, where common raw materials are utilized across multiple sites and business units, facilitates enterprise-wide execution and value creation.
This role is responsible for identifying and delivering value chain optimization opportunities, supply and related logistics risk reduction, working capital value management, and acts as the first line of escalation on issues between suppliers and the site including executing the supplier relationship management process with suppliers of Energy Storage raw materials. The Procurement Manager is focused on developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and driving forward strong service and value for the site and Energy Storage Global Business Unit. The role will also focus on working with multiple functional groups to continuously look for areas to either eliminate waste or reduce non-value activities across the entire supply chain. This role is also responsible for ensuring compliance at the local level to Albemarle procurement processes and procedures.
Additional responsibilities and impact:
- Define, optimize and execute sourcing and raw material supply management strategies for our Americas region.
- Develop strong sourcing strategies within assigned categories, and conduct relevant market research.
- Planning, organizing and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; utilizing software and tools to plan, track and report status.
- Mapping the value chain, analyzing it and deriving potential scenarios. Includes the understanding and application of total cost of ownership and should cost modelling.
- Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners.
- Secure long-term raw materials supply at optimal quality, cost and risk profiles corresponding to the forecasted production demand requirements (annual operating plans and budgets), applying Albemarle’s responsible sourcing and supplier management processes and tools (e.g. procurement planning, RFx, negotiation, e-procurement, strategic collaboration, etc.). Leverage global contracts to support other regions. Consistently plan and execute delivery of demonstrable value in the procurement process.
- This includes partnering well with Product Management and Product Development to identify, qualify and secure raw materials on a timely basis, screening current material specifications and supply while identifying alternatives (materials and suppliers) and avoiding single/sole sourcing, planning and executing excellent supplier negotiations, and actively managing supplier performance.
- Ensure effective risk management of end-to-end supply and supplier base through robust contract management and monitoring of on-time in-full on-spec material deliveries, optimal inventory management (balancing reliable operations, strategic supplier integration and working capital optimization), financial, logistics, sustainability and other KPIs. Implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Establish trust and maintain positive relationships with GBU directors (plant manager, marketing director, commercial director, supply chain director etc.), Finance directors and their teams to ensure understanding and fulfilment of their requirements.
- Prepare and provide necessary periodic analysis and reporting for key decision making and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with policies, systems and controls.
- Provide market and financial insights and inputs to the internal sourcing planning process.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement and best practices for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in external forums and associations.
- Lead and contribute to global/regional projects as required.
- Actively participate in cross segment team meetings, as well any global and/or specific subcategory team meetings.
- Responsible for providing support, training and guidance to other Energy Storage and global procurement team members, as well as coaching and motivating local operations buyers and other relevant personnel in the achievement of their objectives. Provide support as needed to individual buyers in supplier negotiations and critical issues management (e.g.: disputes that threaten continuity of supply, termination of major suppliers, suppliers’ late delivery of materials).
- Act as the liaison between the GBU and site stakeholders and suppliers about changing business needs (e.g., specification, volume changes, etc.) and its impact to category/material strategies.
- Works with GBU personnel to support raw materials requirements for new product launches within specialty products, line extensions, and continuous improvement program execution.
- Execute best practice supplier relationship and performance management.
- Identify and manage supplier collaboration initiatives (e.g., supplier-owned inventory, forecast management, electronic invoicing, operational process streamlining).
- Identify opportunities and roadblocks with respect to local and regional strategies and proactively determine alternative strategies as needed.
- Collaborate with other strategic operation managers and drive continuous improvement across the Procurement Function to create capacity.
- Influences internal stakeholders to align with global and regional procurement strategies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in strategic procurement and supply management of industrial production materials, with proficiency in key procurement processes, category management and strategic sourcing, negotiation and contract management, and showing increasing growth and responsibilities
- Strong stakeholder engagement, ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally, and participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Strong project management, prioritization and decision-making abilities
- Interpersonal skills and ability to be a great business partner with stakeholders, internal and external customers, and multiple functional groups on projects/programs
- High learning and change agility, and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications, ability to influence and manage conflict
- Deep understanding of the S2P (Source-to-Pay) process
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and other advanced analytical tools; experience preferred in procurement platforms (Ariba, Coupa, Ivalua, Jaggaer, Oracle)
- Familiarity with sourcing events and savings methodologies preferred
- Experience in Procurement spend data management and sourcing/contracting tools a plus
- Lean and change management experience beneficial
- Excellent English and Spanish language skills
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply