Principal Civil Engineer
About SRK Consulting
SRK Consulting is an international employee-owned firm that provides specialist technical consulting to the mining industry. We employ over 1400 professionals in more than 50 offices on 6 continents, including over 200 staff in 11 North American offices.
SRK is seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to provide consulting services for domestic and international mining projects. The responsibilities include execution and technical oversight of civil design work for mine waste engineering projects.
The Principal Civil Engineer will also:
- Be responsible for project management of technical deliverables, budgets, and schedules; oversight of the compilation of conceptual and design drawing sets; performing geotechnical and hydrology calculations;
- Design of surface water control features;
- Interface with clients and perform site visits/inspections as necessary;
- Conduct business development and prepare proposals; and assist in the mentorship of junior staff.
• A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
• Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Arizona or the ability to obtain registration;
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in the mining industry, professional consulting services preferred,
a) Mine waste engineering;
b) Construction cost estimations; and
c) Hydraulic and hydrologic design;
• Ability and desire to collaborate with other technical specialists in mining, geochemistry, geotechnics, groundwater and environmental disciplines in a team-oriented environment
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and writing skills;
• Excellent skills in civil engineering design software such as HEC, Carlson, and Autodesk Civil 3D, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive salary, health benefits, performance bonuses and
potential shareholding opportunities.
Interested candidates can submit their resumes by filling out an application form online here.
Candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls, please.