Business title: Operational Readiness Manager, Amsterdam
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, Parts & Services Division
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service, digital solutions and sustainability-driving technologies for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41.4 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees.
The Parts & Services Division drives the aftermarket business, keeping customers’ fleet on track with needed services, solutions and parts and the Division is represented in more than 30 countries with more than 6,500 employees around the world.
The Operational Readiness Manager will be a member of the Service Operations team, responsible for setting the standard and facilitating the successful Entry-Into-Service of Sandvik equipment with the customer, managing expectation and consistent delivery globally.
- Develop and implement the operational readiness philosophy and set the strategic direction to drive operations service excellence for operational readiness globally
- Assist with development of new regional operational readiness manager or liaise with existing regional managers (non-hierarchical)
- Facilitate communication, develop and enhance key relationships between production unit and sales areas teams to create efficient, customer focused and mutual profitable businesses.
- Coordinate the identification of all applicable laws, regulations, licences and permit requirements, and ensure compliance with safety, quality and efficiency including delivery against PA expected profitability levels.
- Follow operational readiness business case deviations, escalating issues and establish operational readiness governance
- Align processes to enhance accountability and responsibility within the value chain
- Continuously evaluate deliveries and improve processes to reach operational excellence
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, develop, implement, and monitor service standards (SOP) to generate efficiency in service execution together with the divisional Service Agreement manager.
- Interact closely with key stakeholders: within service operation, commercial, engineering, sourcing, suppliers, logistics, and other divisions
- Drive operational service excellence globally within operational readiness to ensure the most efficient total cost of ownership for our customers.
Provide regular reports to the Asset Lifecycle Support Manager on the above activities
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Sought
- University / bachelor degree in a business management related field
- > 10 years’ experience in business management consulting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong and successful internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and conflict management skills to manage a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Proficient in global operations
- High level of analytical and reporting skills with attention to details
- Autonomous and organized with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic and persistent personality with can-do mentality
- Business fluent in English, additional languages would be an advantage
- Ability to work with others in various geographies and different time zones.
As we operate in an international setting, business fluency in English is required.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you an exciting pivotal role within an international business environment, working with extraordinary products, great colleagues, and opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. We have an inclusive company culture, one where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, or Facebook to get to know us better.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik is committed to diversity, inclusion, and sustainability. We encourage applicants who believe they are the right fit for the role, even if they don’t meet all the qualifications initially.
Send your application no later than 18 August 2023. Read more about Sandvik and apply through the careers section on the Sandvik website. Job ID: R0050357. Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Reporting to: Asset Lifecycle Support Manager for Parts & Services
LINK to apply here
For more information please contact the hiring manager, Marcel Roubos firstname.lastname@example.org or HRbenelux@sandvik.com. Please note, we do not accept applications via email. Please use our career site.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.