Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Albemarle is the industry leader in lithium and lithium derivatives. We maintain the strongest vertically integrated position in the industry, from our unique natural resource position to specialty product manufacturing. As stewards of our natural resources, we at Albemarle are committed to meeting the needs of our customers for high quality products in a sustainable, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Albemarle is looking for an experienced geoscience professional to join our Lithium Resources Group to manage and analyze current and future data repositories for lithium natural resource projects.
The Mining Data Specialist will support project, operational and corporate stakeholders with data management and analysis expertise to ensure the success of Albemarle’s global lithium business. The role will be responsible for the efficient and organized management of a multi-disciplinary data set including data and information from geoscience, engineering, and process teams within the Technical Services function.
This position is part of the lithium resources organization reporting to the Director of Mining Technical Services and will have global responsibility for assets across the portfolio. The position is based in our Charlotte, North Carolina headquarters.
- The role is responsible for implementing a data management plan at the Technical Services level, working with IT functions to ensure security and accessibility of this information to internal personnel.
- Support external data access and sharing of data externally for the purposes of project evaluation.
- Design and implement good data storage and analytics that can be templated to existing or new sites to provide insights, measure changes over time, and provide certainty and consistency on versioning and external outputs.
- Evaluate and implement new technology to manage and analyze mining data.
- Collaborate within the lithium resources group to secure relevant input across all fields and ensure the success of growth projects and operations
- Preparation of budget, resource development and exploration cost estimates
- Experience with multiple data types and storage practices common in the mining industry.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with data management, IT security, and migration.
- Strong working experience with Microsoft 365 products, including interactions of Sharepoint, OneDrive, MS Teams.
- Experience with cloud-based independent data storage platforms.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and applying mining data to long range planning exercises.
- Experience with data science best practices, and interest in development and integration of mining data with other data science leads in business functions.
- Ability to build relationships both internal and external to the organization
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in Geology, Mining Engineering, Metallurgy, or related field
- 2+ years of data science experience
- Familiarity with mine operations, studies, and resource development projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in geology, mining engineering, or related field highly regarded
- Data science certificate, university minor, or competency demonstrated.
- Conceptual approach to utilization of mining data in data science applications.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL.
Apply today here