Location: Charlotte NC USA
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered specialty chemicals. Our Recycling Platform is a growth initiative within the Lithium Global Business Unit (GBU) which focuses on leveraging our core competencies in lithium processing to help the Electrical Vehicle (EV) value chain close the loop on battery raw materials reusability. This initiative will be led by the Vice President of Recycling within the Lithium GBU’s Marketing organization and eventually reporting into our Chief Marketing Officer.
The Recycling Business Development Manager role is part of the Recycling Platform team. This role is responsible for leading efforts around strategic planning, evaluating corporate partnerships, and acquisition planning to help create our lithium recycling value proposition. This individual will be a thought leader and have the opportunity to deliver impactful results and shape the future of our Lithium Recycling growth strategy.
The role requires significant envisioning of potential value for new partnerships and will assist in the development of business cases and value propositions to justify projects. A key contribution of this evaluation will be creating comprehensive market analyses and sound economic models that will provide the foundation for business decisions. The Recycling Business Development Manager will implement successful partnership strategies while working collaboratively with Research & Development team, corporate development team and our regional sales team. The Recycling Business Development Manager will also engage with customers, potential customers, technical program leader, and relevant stakeholders to gather customer preferences during recycling development activities.
The role requires creative thinking, influencing peers, and deciphering market needs in the recycling market. The candidate will leverage exceptional communication skills for interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. This position will be located either at our headquarters in Charlotte, NC or in Europe (Germany, Netherlands) and the role reports to the Vice-President of Recycling Growth Platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works independently, capable of understanding complex concepts and innovative ideas
- Driving growth and business transformation while being comfortable with the complexity of dynamic, high growth, emerging nature of recycling technology.
- Closely collaborate, work, and lead cross-department teams and business groups, such as engineering, outside partners, and finance to drive and develop new recycling partnerships.
- Emphasis on leading efforts around strategic planning, corporate partnerships, and acquisition planning to help drive the integration of Lithium Recycling at Albemarle.
- Analyze market data and develops recommendations from imperfect / incomplete data sets Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, build relationships with key value chain participants and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Create analytical models to define business cases and value propositions for conceptual proposals.
- Monitor competitors and review Albemarle’s services and position in light of competitors developments.
- Experience with the collection of information regarding the competitive landscape. Ability to quickly gather in-depth knowledge and understanding of the customer base, competitors, and market.
- All other duties as assigned
- Well-developed analytical and decision-making skills
- Well-developed team building and conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter, motivated to learn, proactively brings ideas and able to take initiative
- Creative mindset
- Able to handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Must exhibit excellent listening, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to travel as necessary to key enterprise accounts
- Proficiency with MS Office (with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Education And Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in business management, engineering or sciences.; MBA degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in strategy, growth, business development, new product development.
- Exceptional economic evaluation skills.
- Ability to see big picture and able to deploy strategy
- Proactive, self-starter with willingness to take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work in a team environment with an adaptable, flexible mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Prior role in investment banking or investor relations.
- Prior role in commercial or marketing role supporting highly dynamic product development and new product launch activities.
- Experience in the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or battery recycling industry
- This role will require up to 25% domestic and international travel
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply