Are you looking to make your mark with a world class, high-impact project?
Keen to join an experienced and highly respected team?
Want to contribute to significant environmental and cultural heritage values?
Then the Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) Ranger rehabilitation project is what you’re looking for!
After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage and offers an exciting opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the environment.
ERA has engaged the global engineering firm, Bechtel, to support ERA as Delivery Partner for ongoing study work.
Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
Located 8 km east of Jabiru and 260 km south-east of Darwin, the Ranger Project will lead the way in the fast-growing area of mining closures.
This is your opportunity to join an established team, develop as a professional, and work in partnership with our client – contributing to a long-term commitment to people, communities and the environment.
Please note a formal offer to the successful candidate of this site-based FIFO (fly in fly out) position will be contingent upon passing a stringent medical examination.
Interested to learn more? Visit: Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (www.riotinto.com); Energy Resources of Australia (www.energyres.com.au)
As our Lead Trend Engineer, based out of Jabiru, NT (on a 2 weeks on one week off roster), you will play an important role in the coordination, preparation and reporting of changes in the ERA Ranger Rehabilitation Project baseline (scope, cost, schedule and execution approach). Change management is controlled via the trend program and acts as a critical early warning system of change and monitors the health of contingency provision and overall cost forecast.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and performing project trend engineering functions.
- Directly interfaces with cost team, planners, engineers, construction supervision, and management as necessary for trending / change management, analysis and reporting.
- Provides day-to-day detailed monitoring and analysis of project trend status. Updates and maintains the project trend register information. Provides timely support to project financial reporting specifically related to trends and contingency management.
- Ensures that the project team is fully aware of their obligations and inputs into the project wide trend program.
- Independently provides accurate cost reporting, trending analysis and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of cost impact analysis.
- Review potential changes against project scope and execution plans. Analyze cost and schedule impact of scope changes and trends.
- Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures.
- Reviews and critiques designs and specifications for potential cost impacts and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Supervises trend engineer to collectively manage all project trending requirements.
- Conducts weekly trend meetings and publish registers and status reports.
What we offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.
We are serious about setting you up for success from the very beginning. Experience an established online onboarding process, gain access to learning and development opportunities via the Bechtel University and participate in our Talent Management and Reward and Recognition programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or the like and/or demonstrated, relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid project controls experience in cost control including estimating, change management and reporting.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Extensive cost engineering experience with previous experience on large/complex projects.
- Must possess good interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
- A working knowledge of Bechtel systems, work processes and power project EPC functions (preferred but not essential).
- Experience in other areas of project controls (planning, scheduling, estimating, etc) desirable.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, so don’t delay in applying to join the Bechtel team!
Everyone who applies will receive a response.
Please note, Right to Work in Australia without employer sponsorship is required for this role.
Click HERE to apply