Sudbury, ON, Canada
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Global award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors delivering high-profile, complex projects while all exceeding our client’s expectations. Creative, collaborative and passionate in approach creating accountability and stainability.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project Management leading technical direction and execution of overall client initiative with an integrated team approach.
- Interaction with project controls and associated reporting.
- Regularly interface with the client regarding project status updates and expectations.
- Ensuring that all designs incorporate safety elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work Completion of all project deliverables on schedule and budget.
- Provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary.
- Account management and maximizing business opportunities within client accounts.
- Manage scope of work, costs and schedule within a project or package
- Managing the development of the basis of Estimate and the CAPEX / OPEX for projects Managing the development of the basis of Schedule and the project schedule to contribute to the cost estimate for the project.
- Leading the development and progressing of the Engineering/Mining schedulers and supporting the interface with the Construction Management schedulers.
- Supporting preparation of construction bid packages as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven understanding of Projects Controls systems, and cost control practices.
- Lead Project Manager role in projects with capital expenditure of $100M plus.
- Leadership of project teams of 20 people, from various disciplines. Proven engineering expertise and competency in Mining projects and associated facilities.
- Familiarity with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fastpaced environment.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s in engineering with Professional designation.
5 years plus experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900028Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
APPLICATION STATUS: Stantec is unable to provide status updates on your job application submissions via email or phone. You can find out the status of your job application submissions by logging into your online candidate profile. Please note, you must apply to a posted position on Stantec’s website to be consider for that position, Stantec does not accept applications/resumes via email.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Having difficulties accessing your online candidate profile or applying to a position at Stantec, email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details about the issue you are having. When possible, provide a screen shot of the error message you’re receiving. Forgot your username or password, use the Forgot your Username? or Forgot your Password? links to retrieve your username or reset your password. An important note, if there are several failed attempts to access your online candidate profile will result in a 30 minute temporary lock on your account. You will be required to wait 30 mins before trying to access your account again.
ACCOMMODATION: Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants who require assistance completing the online application process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process, and need an alternative method for applying, please email email@example.com for assistance.