FPX Nickel Corp. is a Vancouver-based junior nickel company focused on the development of the Baptiste Nickel Project in central British Columbia. For further information, please visit www.fpxnickel.com
Building on the continued development of our 100%-owned projects, we have an opening for an Intermediate Geologist to support our global generative exploration alliance (the “Generative Alliance”) with Japan Organization for Metals and Energy Security (JOGMEC). The Intermediate Geologist will carry out project evaluation activities targeting new properties containing awaruite nickel mineralization worldwide.
At FPX Nickel, we are serious about our culture and values. We are both nimble and accountable, creating a sound platform to fully engage and support the development of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering exceptional career environments that are challenging, rewarding, and fun for all employees. We support our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster progression and development.
We are looking for an early to mid-career exploration professional who will support our global generative exploration program. The successful candidate will have solid field exploration experience and will be highly skilled with data compilation, GIS, and Leapfrog software. You will also be a team player who works well with others and is driven to succeed.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Generative Exploration the Intermediate Geologist will support all aspects of our global generative program. This will include: compilation of digital geology, compilation of historic sample data, regional geological interpretation, and site visits to target regions and projects.
Duties of the role include (but may not be limited to):
- Geological mapping, sampling, and other field work
- Project evaluations
- Compilation and presentation of geological, geophysical, and geochemical data
- Creating and periodic updates to a global database of awaruite occurrences
- Digital compilation of global ophiolites and other forms of ultramafic bodies
- Managing project exploration activities including, but not limited to, rock sampling, geological mapping, geophysical surveys, and diamond drilling
- Reporting on project evaluations and exploration activities
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in geology
- Current membership or application in progress with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience within the exploration industry
- Strong database management, geological and GIS software skills
- Experience working in international mineral exploration will be an asset
- Ability to travel both in Canada and overseas
- Willing to spend up to 20% of working time in field
- Holds a valid passport
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with potential partners and all other stakeholders
- A strong commitment to workplace safety and ethics
- A strong work ethic and a passion for exploration success
- Ability to work independently at times and to work collaboratively and take direction
- Geological curiosity and willingness to learn about awaruite mineralization and deposits
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, consisting of base salary, stock options, and annual bonus.
FPX Nickel provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in FPX Nickel, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.