DIRECTOR, PLANNING & GOVERNANCE
Date Posted: 1/25/2021
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reference No.: 2021-1746
Position Type: Fulltime
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Technology, this newly created role will be responsible for establishing repeatable IT operational planning, demand planning and governance processes. The Director, Planning & Governance will lead the team responsible for strategic and tactical management of IT investments and initiatives through the coordination and facilitation of:
- IT projects and portfolio management
- Technology standards and policies
- Disaster recovery and business continuity risk management
- Centralized sourcing and vendor management
- Budget and performance management
The Director, Planning & Governance will play a key role in establishing data and security governance practices, procedures, and processes across the global organization, including embedding data governance into projects and other Centerra Gold Inc. initiatives. The Director, Planning & Governance will be instrumental in helping to transform the way the Information Technology department operates its data practices.
- Establish policies and governance practices for Technology capital and operational expenditure approvals; Report on Technology spending and cost-containment efforts to all stakeholders, not just internally to IT.
- Set operational planning and budget forecasting as standard practices.
- Review and negotiate current and future IT contracts while continuing to consolidate procurement activities to improve vendor performance and cost.
- Standardize performance criteria and amalgamate relationship management functions.
- Outline project management methodology and standards across Centerra IT and other departments using technology.
- Institute fundamental and basic decision-making practices for prioritizing demand, allocating staffing, and assessing capacity to reduce delivery issues and increase resource utilization.
- Develop and manage a Security Governance Program; establish a security governance structure and define security governance roles (e.g., data owners) and accountability ownership.
- current cybersecurity partner), communicate and collaborate on an ad hoc basis to address identified information security issues.
- Establish data governance metrics and KPIs, communicating the business value of data governance to key stakeholders.
- Assist with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Build support across the business and Corporate organizations, serving as a liaison to other disciplines and programs.
- Provide governance insights and recommendations through strategic problem and data analysis.
- Strategic IT budget control by tracking activities and associated expenses in order to minimize cost variance.
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams throughout large-scale transformation initiatives related to data governance, IT operational planning, demand planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior or leadership role responsible for the deployment of data governance.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite is required.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation for large scale corporate projects.
- Experience with leading industry data governance tools, data dictionary, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of data management best practices in a mining sector.
- Proven experience in developing and executing innovative options and solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with an ability to effectively convey data and security governance concepts and principles to non-technical employees.
- Able to clearly define complex issues and work well in ambiguous situations.
- Leverages new technology to improve team and business performance.
- Strong results-oriented project management skills; well organized, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong ability to influence employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team environment across multiple sites.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Centerra Gold is an equal opportunity employer.
Centerra Gold values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
Interested applicants may apply through Centerra Gold’s website at https://www.centerragold.com/careers. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.