Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Albemarle is looking for an experienced project and business professional to participate as a critical member of a world-class resources team. The ideal candidate will enable the Resources Vice-Presidency long-term vision and lead the governance strategy to achieve business challenges. The role will be instrumental in shaping, implementing, and enhancing the structure, processes, and systems to drive planning activities, information management, quality control, and risk strategies.
Candidates must demonstrate experience working collaboratively with multiple workstreams across functions like capital projects, geology, mining operations, permitting, supply, and external affairs, among others.
This position is part of the lithium resources organization reporting to the Project Integration Manager. The position is based at our Kings Mountain, North Carolina location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage Resources Vice-Presidency governance activities, advising on critical next steps to enable team vision and develop future strategies.
- Enable the risk processes through all workstreams within the Vice-Presidency, ensuring risk owners accountability and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop and drive the stakeholder management strategy, aligned with leadership expectations and company policies.
- Manage cross-functional teams to enable project execution strategies, scope, and deliverables
- Define and monitor project/portfolio Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and implement corrective measures.
- Implement continuous improvement practices to increase the efficiency and productivity of the Resources team, along with capturing lessons learnt.
- Lead quality strategies, develop protocols, and integrate key elements from all departments within Resources VP.
- Manage project plan documentation, updating specifications, and the storage/recordkeeping for future reference.
- Build relationships at all levels of the organization, provide project updates, and engage with corporate leadership.
- Collaborate and provide subject matter expertise within the larger lithium resources group to ensure mine and brine development projects align with industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and project requirements.
- Manage and lead key deliverables in scope, schedule, and cost.
- Provides an interface with organization functions on behalf of one or more Resources Team members.
- Integrates and coordinates contributions from functional areas assigned to Resources Projects to ensure synergies and critical deliverables.
- In the medium term, the position will have a team that can support Risk, Quality, and Information Management workstreams.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an engineering-related field or 8+ years of relevant work experience in a construction/mining/minerals processing setting
- Experience in capital projects or Project Management Office is highly preferred.
- Strong experience in project reporting and mining/construction industries is a plus.
- Strong capability with integration and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Strong commitment to Safety and Sustainability values
- Strong business delivery focus and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, internal/external stakeholders
Click HERE to apply