Location: Charlotte NC USA
The Global Lithium Recycling Business Development Leader is responsible for helping to lead efforts around strategic planning, corporate partnerships, and acquisition planning to drive integration of Lithium (Li) Recycling. This includes evaluation of innovative partnerships across the Li battery value chain. This individual will be a thought leader and have the opportunity to deliver impactful results and shape the future of our Li Recycling growth strategy.
The role requires significant envisioning of potential value for new partnerships and will assist Vice-President Recycling in the development of business cases and value propositions to justify projects. A key contribution of this evaluation will be creating comprehensive market analyses and sound economic models that will provide the foundation for business decisions. The Global Lithium Recycling Business Development Leader will implement successful partnership strategies while working collaboratively with technical teams (ie. process development and Research &Development) as well as regional New Business Development partners. The Global Recycling Business Development Leader will also engage with customers, potential customers, technical program leader, and relevant stakeholders to gather customer preferences during recycling development activities.
The role requires creative thinking, influencing peers, and deciphering market needs in the recycling market. The candidate will leverage exceptional communication skills for interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of Recycling Development and is located at our headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
Essential Functions include:
- Support business development processes through commercialization of Li Recycling.
- Emphasis on leading efforts around strategic planning, corporate partnerships, and acquisition planning to help drive the integration of Li Recycling at Albemarle.
- Driving growth and business transformation while being comfortable with the complexity of dynamic, high growth, emerging nature of recycling technology.
- Create analytical models to define business cases and value propositions for conceptual proposals. Analyze market data and develops recommendations from imperfect / incomplete data sets.
- Closely collaborate, work, and lead cross-department teams and business groups, such as engineering, outside partners, and finance to drive and develop new recycling partnerships.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Monitor competitors and review Albemarle’s services and position in light of competitors developments.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business management, engineering or sciences; MBA degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in strategy, growth, business development, new product development.
- Experience effectively managing and empowering team to achieve results
- Exceptional economic evaluation skills.
- Ability to see big picture and able to deploy strategy
- Proactive, self-starter with willingness to take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work in a team environment with an adaptable, flexible mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- MBA degree from an accredited university.
- Prior role in investment banking or investor relations.
- Prior role in commercial or marketing role supporting highly dynamic product development and new product launch activities.
- Prior involvement with Intellectual Property (IP) agreements.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply