Location: Charlotte NC USA
Transformation of our procurement organization is a top strategic priority for Albemarle, and we believe this presents unique and exciting career opportunities. The world is rapidly changing, and we need to change with it to support the growth and success of our businesses. If you are a forward thinker, with the creativity and maturity to effectively challenge the status quo of our existing business and practices, this opportunity might be for you.
We are building a world class global procurement function focused around; (1) Category Management focused on driving long term sustainable value for the business (2) Procurement Operations providing exceptional support and advisement to our business unit stakeholders and (3) Data Analytics, process excellence, and technology adoption to drive and enable procurement best practices and excellent end-user experience.
Finance & Risk Management
The role is critical in helping analyze over $1 billion of direct materials spend across Albemarle’s Global Business Units. This individual will analyze, report, and review prices, volumes, foreign exchange (FX) and freight for raw materials to complete a total Purchase Price Variance. The analysis will be used to compare actuals vs forecast and actuals vs budget (AOP).
The position provides financial support related to Direct Materials Procurement COGS and will be a key liaison to the Energy Storage and Specialties Direct Materials Procurement team to clearly communicate performance drivers, explain monthly results, provide key insights for the full year forecast, and challenge monthly results.
The role will establish a supplier risk management framework, assess the maturity of current supplier risk management practices and design/implement a global supplier risk management program in accordance with internal policies and external guidelines & requirements.
The position will be an integral part of the supplier risk assessment and management process working collaboratively with key functions across the Procurement and Supply Chain organizations to assess and react to risks for supply chain disruptions ensuring supply chain resiliency and shall manage the reporting and alerts of those potential disruptions to the supply chain.
The individual shall leverage identified supply chain risks and potential disruptions within the Supply Chain and Procurement organizations and with Operations to implement mitigation actions. The individual will exhibit full understanding of risk management to align goals and department deliverables and also serve as a coach and mentor to the Purchasing Managers to further their understanding of risk management.
This individual will also support the corporate Environmental Sustainability and Governance (ESG) function on initiatives that impact Global Procurement.
The role supports Procurement team to manage supplier risk by researching supplier information, reviewing potential alerts, and assisting in supplier assessments utilizing existing tools and systems. Assists with collecting and reporting data relevant to the Responsible Sourcing (RS). Utilizes existing sustainability resources/information to build RS knowledge and further contribute to RS Program goals.
The individual will assign Compliance and Engagement Request Questionnaires and reviewing Responsible Sourcing information to evaluate new and existing suppliers based on risk. Conduct supplier research, review and investigate potential alerts and follow-up with suppliers who have not provided requested information.
The role will collect, consolidate, and report relevant data and metrics for the global RS program. Work closely across teams within the Organization and with suppliers to provide training and communication on Responsible Sourcing program and systems as required.
Additional responsibilities and impact:
- Lead Supply Chain process to analyze supplier performance metrics, quarterly supplier risk assessment data and annual supplier performance survey results. Collaborate with Supply Chain functional groups and key stakeholders to assess supplier risks for supply chain disruptions, identify both reactive and proactive risk mitigation action steps to improve supplier performance and reduce supplier risk, and ensure Procurement organization is complying with due diligence requirements for onboarding new suppliers. Manage process to identify and mitigate risks to material sourcing. Provide alerts and identify suppliers at risk from impending situations such as storms. Use available tools to analyze vendor supply chain risk.
- Direct Supply Chain efforts to partner with the Supply Chain in the creation of business continuity plans and playbooks to anticipate, address and mitigate business disruptions across Albemarle plants. Develop, maintain and test the business continuity program to identify, analyze and eliminate gaps. Lead and negotiate support for the activities necessary to enable Albemarle to manage a crisis and comply with business continuity plan such as, for example, projects to qualify alternate raw materials and actions to maintain qualifications.
- Performs routine to complex financial analysis according to established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work. Communicates complex information in a simplified manner to drive value-creating behaviors. Maintains active communication with key business partners and presents findings. Leverages data analysis to determine the financial impact of proposed business initiatives. Prepares and coordinates various weekly, monthly and/or year-end analyses, reports and financial reports for management review.
- Participates in meetings providing analysis that recognizes both successes and opportunities in the area. Provides guidance and coaching for key processes based on business expertise. Prioritizes effectively to move multiple concurrent projects to completion. Identifies and communicates emerging trends and their impact so action is prioritized appropriately. Analyze prices, volumes and freight for Purchase Price Variance (PPV) for raw materials. Compare actuals vs forecast and investigate fluctuations. Review and analyze actuals vs. forecast in SAP General Ledger. Verify cost savings impact on PPV. Design and build new financial analysis to verify PPV and forecast accuracy.
- Create a sustainable and scalable program to meet Global Procurement’s short-term and long-term goals, aligned with Albemarle’s sustainability goals and carbon neutrality goals. Create, plan, and lead the supplier risk management workstream to maturity and be accountable for leading the implementation of supplier risk management strategies. Track and report all identified risks, establish baselines and develop improvement goals for all reportable risks, in line with corporate goals and methodologies. Develop a 3rd party lifecycle plan to manage supplier risks in all the stages from planning to contracting to termination. Incorporate existing risk tools and facilitate the implementation of new tools to flag supplier risks like RapidRatings, Ecovadis, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of demonstrable experience working with, or within, a global procurement risk management team, have a sound understanding of risks associated with procurement and the supply chain and have experience implementing supplier risk management programs.
- Knowledge of supplier risk management frameworks, methodologies and strategies, and planning for various risks like, sustainability, business continuity, etc.
- Experienced in incorporating supplier risk assessments (RapidRatings, Ecovadis, etc.) into frameworks, defining risk thresholds and setting risk management expectations for suppliers.
- Have sound quantitative and analytical skills (financial and non-financial).
- Business skills/acumen relevant to the mining sector
- Prior use of SAP, Ariba SLP and Ariba Supplier Risk Management system
- Knowledge of concepts related to sustainable procurement or supply chain sustainability
- Knowledge of relevant Sustainability topics (i.e. OECD, UN SDGs, UN Global Compact, Human Rights, etc.)
- Knowledge of supply chain policies and procedures, management strategies and concepts
- Knowledge of audit procedures
- Detailed oriented with analytical and report presentation skills
- Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with and maintain professional interpersonal relationships with all levels of management, and key stakeholders, both domestic and international to facilitate collaborative working relationships
- Effectively take direction and work well under time constraints to accomplish business objectives
- Ability to organize work and prioritize tasks in alignment with established goals
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Skill in researching and analyzing information related to vendors, contractors, applicable Responsible Sourcing and Sustainability topics
- Skill in using computer databases to research, maintain, update records and files
- Ability to create and maintain quality training and process documentation
- Ability to effectively conduct training (via on-line or in front of an audience)
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills.
- Managing in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Self-directed/driven with excellent organizational skills.
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic
- Excellent English language skills
- Proficiency in German and Spanish language skills
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Click HERE to apply