WEBINAR 1 – WHAT EXTRACTIVES DATA DO WE NEED TO ADVANCE WOMEN’S RIGHTS IN THE CONTEXT OF NATURAL RESOURCE EXTRACTION?
26 January 2021 – 10:00 EST / 15:00 GMT / 18:00 EAT
Languages: French with English interpretation
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ZoEgrUFKQ6C8fe-PZCLLgw
How can we use extractives data to help mitigate the negative impacts of extraction, and ensure women can access decision-making fora and economic opportunities linked to the sector?
Join us on 26th January for a discussion among activists, industry representatives and data users, as we explore what extractives data can be used to advance women’s rights, where to find it, and where we need to push for more disclosure.
Moderator: Beverley HATCHER-MBU, Manager, Development Gateway
– Amadou BAH, Journalist, Executive Director ONG Actions Mines, Guinea
– Nentebou BARRY, PWYP Guinea, MSG member of EITI Guinea
– Bernadette SONKO, Journalist and researcher and the Centre d’Études des Sciences et Techniques de l’Information (CESTI, UCAD – Dakar, Sénégal)
– Nestorine SANGARE, Founder Center for Research and Intervention in Gender & Development, former Minister of Woman Promotion and Gender Equality, Burkina Faso
– Cynthia TRIGO, Total, Human Rights Senior Advisor
Organisers: PWYP, Development Gateway