Tuesday, November 9
10:00am-12:45pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)
ABOUT THE EVENT
In early 2021, CGD launched the COVID-19 Gender and Development Initiativewith two objectives: increase the importance of gender equality on the policy agendas of global decision-makers in COVID response and recovery, and generate resources to ensure their decisions are evidence-based. Since then, our initiative’s research has focused on three questions: How has the COVID-19 crisis exacerbated pre-existing gender inequalities? To what extent have donor institutions and policymakers considered these effects in their response efforts? And what else is needed to ensure women and girls don’t get left behind in COVID recovery?
Session 1: COVID-19’s Gendered Impacts: What Does the Data Tell Us?
Presentation: Shelby Bourgault, Gender Research Assistant, CGD
Moderator: Charles Kenny, Senior Fellow, CGD
- Ben Leo, CEO and Co-Founder, Fraym
- Karen Garcia-Rojas, Head of the Differential and Intersectional Statistics Unit, DANE
- Amy Oyekunle, Lead Consultant, Monii Development Consult
- Isadora Quay, Gender in Emergencies Coordinator, CARE
Session 2: Integrating Care, Cash, and Data into Crisis Response Efforts
Moderator: Mayra Buvinic, Senior Fellow Emeritus, CGD
- Pablo Zoido Lobaton, Education Lead Specialist, IDB
- Daniela de los Santos, Programme Associate Officer, Inclusive Growth and Social Protection, Gender Team, RBLAC-UNDP
- Andrew Hurst, Economic Growth and IFIs Division, Global Affairs Canada
- Babatunde Olumide Omilola, Manager, Public Health, Security and Nutrition Division, AfDB
- Charlotte Pram Nielsen, Senior Health Specialist, Global Financing Facility
Session 3: The Next Chapter and Recovery: What Else is Needed?
Moderator: Megan O’Donnell, Policy Fellow and Assistant Director of Gender, CGD
- Nitya Nangalia, Coordinator, Social Enterprises and Central Team Member, SEWA Bharat
- Roopa Hinton, Social Development Advisor, FCDO
- Laura Alfers, Director, Social Protection Program, WIEGO
Full agenda and list of speakers can be found at https://link.cgdev.org/l/683263/2021-10-25/tj72z