Location: Jabiru, Northern Territory
About the Project
Are you looking to make your mark with a world class, high-impact project?
Keen to join an experienced and highly respected team?
Want to contribute to significant environmental and cultural heritage values?
Then the Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) Ranger rehabilitation project is what you’re looking for! After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage and offers an exciting opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the environment.
ERA has engaged the global engineering firm, Bechtel, to support ERA as Delivery Partner for ongoing study work. Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
Located 8 km east of Jabiru and 260 km south-east of Darwin, the Ranger Project will lead the way in the fast-growing area of mining closures.
This is your opportunity to join an established team, develop as a professional, and work in partnership with our client – contributing to a long-term commitment to people, communities and the environment.
Please note a formal offer to the successful candidate of this site-based FIFO (fly in fly out) position will be contingent upon passing a stringent medical examination.
About the Role
As our Project ESH (Environment Safety and Health) Advisor you will be responsible for providing ESH advice and facilitating, promoting and coordinating activities related to ensuring the health and safety of all project participants is maintained for the duration of the ERA Ranger Rehabilitation Project where you will champion ESH on site and continuously contribute to a positive safety culture – leading by example, coaching personnel and providing timely advice and support as required for the entire project workforce.
This role will be based on site at the Ranger Mine jobsite offices where you will be assigned on a fly in/fly out roster (2 weeks on, 1 week off) flying to and from Darwin – with a drive to the Jabiru work site – where camp accommodation is provided.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Provide advice and help for site ESH assessments and project risk assessments including Risk Assessments, Job Hazards Analysis (JHA)
• Participating in project 30/60/90-day planning
• Contribute to the improvement of HSE processes and procedures
• Help the implementation of the Contractor HSE plan
• Participate in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors
• Stop work in dangerous situations or conditions having imminent adverse ESH impact (i.e. person, plant & or equipment)
• Assist in data collection and assist in the creation of required reports
• Help inspection tours, audits of the project/facility for compliance with project ES&H requirements
• Conduct fatigue assessments for the project workforce
• Help timely intervention of medical/first aid treatment and ensure contractors have effective stay at work programs for injured workers including alternate work duties.
• Contribute to the project ESH orientation and training of project manual/non-manual personnel
• Ensure contractor compliance in the implementation of environmental compliance inspections conducted to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including daily inspections and waste forecast and waste disposal
• Validate effectiveness of COVID19 controls in work areas
• Assist with reporting of contractor HSE performance as per project reporting requirements
• Execute other HSE duties as assigned by supervisor, Site Manager, Project HSE Manager, or designated GBU ES&H management.
What We Offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.