Location: Jabiru, Northern Territory
About the Project
Are you looking to make your mark with a world class, high-impact project?
Keen to join an experienced and highly respected team?
Want to contribute to significant environmental and cultural heritage values?
Then the Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) Ranger rehabilitation project is what you’re looking for! After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage and offers an exciting opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the environment.
ERA has engaged the global engineering firm, Bechtel, to support ERA as Delivery Partner for ongoing study work. Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
Located 8 km east of Jabiru and 260 km south-east of Darwin, the Ranger Project will lead the way in the fast-growing area of mining closures.
This is your opportunity to join an established team, develop as a professional, and work in partnership with our client – contributing to a long-term commitment to people, communities and the environment.
Please note a formal offer to the successful candidate of this site-based FIFO (fly in fly out) position will be contingent upon passing a stringent medical examination.
About the Role
As our Project ES&H Administrator with support from the ES&H Manager, and in line with our Project ESH Management Plan, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Project ESH Team.
Your role will involve coordinating administrative activities and monitoring workflow and quality of work within your assigned area. Using office automation tools, you will also undertake data collation for the Project ES&H Leads as required.
This position is based on site at the Ranger Mine jobsite offices where you will be assigned on a fly in/fly out roster (2 weeks on, 1 week off) flying to and from Darwin – with a drive to the Jabiru work site – where camp accommodation is provided.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Attend pre-start and toolbox meetings, focused safety meetings and compile and distribute minutes.
• Support the development of reports required by project, corporate and legislative authorities.
• Generate using company software, reports required for the analysis and determination of both leading and lagging trends.
• Support the development of confidential and sensitive reports.
• Maintains confidentiality of records as needed.
• Acts as the project administrator of corporate ES&H software programs.
• Trains ES&H team members in the use of corporate ES&H software programs.
• Identifies improvements to reporting processes.
• Openly communicates with the Project ES&H Manager & ES&H Deputy Manager on administrative matters.
• Maintains a working relationship with ES&H team members and other administrative team members.
• Participates in ES&H meetings to identify and action administrative requirements.
• Helps coordinate furniture and space allocation, space planning, and needs, such as telephone, word processing, and mail service.
• Assists with the coordination and publication of ES&H work planning and training materials.
• Coordinates meetings, arranging for facilities, equipment, and refreshments. May prepare and distribute notices, agendas, information packets, and minutes.
• Coordinates newly assigned employees to attend required onboarding, training, etc.
• May assist with flights and accommodation requests.
• Reviews data for completeness of information.
• Archiving safety documents into the document management system in preparation for site demobilization.
• Maintain site safety records, including Incident Register, JHA Register, Risk Register, Corrective Action Register, Workplace Inspections, Induction Records, Procedures, Plans and Instructions.
• A strong commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
• Assists in special events, such as safety awards/incentive activities and BBQ’s etc.
• Any other duties as assigned by the ES&H Manager / ES&H Deputy Manager.
What We Offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.