Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle is looking for an experienced project and resources professional to participate as a key member of a world-class team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for defining an Information and Data Management strategy for the Resources organization and its Projects Portfolio from the early to operational stages of the project and the future mining sites under the Resources Organization scope.
The role will be instrumental in shaping, building, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the structure, processes, and systems for Data Management in the early-stage project development capturing the future challenges in execution and operations. The role will be required to work closely with the senior management team to ensure world-class project studies outcomes. Candidates will have demonstrated work experience working collaboratively with multiple workstreams across functions like capital projects, geology, mining operations, permitting, human resources, supply, and external affairs, among others.
The position is based at our Kings Mountain facilities, North Carolina, and reports to the Governance Manager within the Lithium Resources team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage cross-functional teams to define project data management strategy, scope, and deliverables.
- Identify, manage, and monitor key risks for the project’s data management framework under the Resources team umbrella. With a focus on studies, project execution, and operations activities.
- Enable and drive the completion of multiple concurrent future capital projects.
- Manage stakeholders’ engagement effectively to ensure alignment with team goals.
- Build relationships at all levels of the organization, provide project study updates, and engage with corporate leadership.
- Collaborate and provide subject matter expertise within the larger lithium resources group to ensure mine development and natural resource exploitation projects align with industry best practices on data and information management.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and project requirements.
- Manage and lead key data deliverables in scope, schedule, and cost.
- Incorporate inputs from contributing team members and workstreams throughout the organization to enable and produce study plans.
- Manage effective communication throughout the study life cycle with internal and external stakeholders to meet project objectives.
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle’s safety and information protection standards.
- Oversight of the deliverable management process, in line with project assurance best practices.
- Involvement in owner documents revisions and interdisciplinary reviews, arranging multi-discipline checks and follow-up sessions to ensure time and quality goals are met.
- Support the implementation and utilization of the chosen Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS), defining training, ensuring access, and providing guidance to all project personnel networks.
- Lead the application of measures to improve the EDRMS continually.
- Ensures that deviations from the plan are adequately managed, communicated, and rectified.
- Drives the high-level and strategic analysis of internal and external lessons learned to be incorporated in the following Study phases, ensuring world-class practices and results.
- Provides interface with organization functions on behalf of one or more Resources Team members.
- Integrates and coordinates contributions from assigned functional resources to ensure synergies and key deliverables.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in an information management function, considering operational or project development/delivery environments.
- Exposure to document and record control requirements per ISO 9001 (Quality Management System – Requirements).
- Skillful in effective communication and stakeholder management.
- Previous experience delivering training to document/record control users with mixed expertise levels.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written). Spanish will be highly regarded.
- Advanced EDRMS knowledge and excellent computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SharePoint and SAP proficiency preferable.
Click HERE to apply