As the Contracts Specialist, reporting to the Contracts Formation Supervisor, you will be working from the Brisbane office and providing supervision to a project team of contracts personnel.
Your role will involve formation and administration of all types of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors.
Other role requirements include developing and monitoring project work-hour estimates, and mastering contracts forms.
We will also ask you to participate in the planning, staffing, training and development of contracts personnel.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Supervises assigned personnel in the formation, award and administration of project contract commitments through established policies and procedures. Undertakes formation and administration of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors.
• Conducts annual reviews of assigned staff.
• Ensures all newly assigned contracts personnel adhere to the requirements and procedures of the project and client. Monitors personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training and development to satisfy job performance criteria and company personnel development objectives.
• Supervises preparation and maintenance of project bidder lists, ensuring supporting input is received from all contracts functions and other functional groups.
• Supervises preparation of bid request packages, addenda and other bid cycle correspondence to ensure proper format, content and project requirements are met.
• Reviews bid tabulations for accuracy, bidder recommendation, completeness, and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. Ensures all commitments made by subordinate personnel are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in company policies and procedures. Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher approval authority. Executes commitments within delegated signing authority.
• Communicates with Engineering and Construction supervision to assist, guide and plan the processing of service requisitions for all project contracts.
• Develops project contracts operating procedures for review by designated supervisor and inclusion into the project contract procedures.
• Develops and coordinates project work-hour estimates for the contracts function. Monitors project work and the expenditure of work-hours within approved budgets.
• Develops and coordinates the contracts personnel staffing plan to ensure staffing levels support project workload and contract personnel are added and released in an orderly manner.
• Reviews prime contract between client and Bechtel and makes recommendations to Contracts Manager to ensure appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special, and pricing conditions of the master contracts forms.
• Develops, monitors, and maintains project master contracts forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in the project contracts documents.
• Directs negotiations and prepares proposed negotiating plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of contracts when such action is agreed as necessary by the designated supervisor.
• Ensures that project contracting of goods and services is consistent with established directives, management instructions and contract procedures.
What We Offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve a greater work-life balance alongside unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and development.
Our broader employment package includes a competitive salary package, annual discretionary performance bonus scheme, and additionally, with employee wellbeing at the centre of our business, private health cover, access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.
We are also serious about setting you up for success from the very beginning and you will experience an established online onboarding process, gain access to learning and development opportunities via Bechtel University and participate in our Talent Management and Reward and Recognition programs.
• Broad experience in the formation, negotiation and award of all types of contracts.
• Experience in developing complex contract types, fee arrangements, terms and conditions.
• Experience in contract administration.
• Working knowledge of change management procedures pertaining to Requests for Information (RFIs), change notices, change orders, amendments, and claims and dispute resolution.
• Skill in working and communicating effectively with all levels of project functional groups.
• Experience, skill or training in supervising personnel, workload distribution and execution of work.
Please note, Right to Work in Australia without employer sponsorship is required for this role.