Change Management / Trend Engineer
Location: Jabiru, Northern Territory
About the Project
Are you looking to make your mark with a world class, high-impact project?
Keen to join an experienced and highly respected team?
Want to contribute to significant environmental and cultural heritage values?
Then the Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) Ranger rehabilitation project is what you’re looking for!
After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage and offers an exciting opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the environment.
ERA has engaged the global engineering firm, Bechtel, to support ERA as Delivery Partner for ongoing study work.
Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
Located 8 km east of Jabiru and 260 km south-east of Darwin, the Ranger Project will lead the way in the fast-growing area of mining closures.
This is your opportunity to join an established team, develop as a professional, and work in partnership with our client – contributing to a long-term commitment to people, communities and the environment.
Please note a formal offer to the successful candidate of this site-based FIFO (fly in fly out) position will be contingent upon passing a stringent medical examination.
Interested to learn more? Visit: Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (www.riotinto.com); Energy Resources of Australia (www.energyres.com.au)
About the Role
As our Change Management/Trend Engineer you will undertake trending and related analysis activities for the ERA Ranger Rehabilitation Project. You will be responsible for preparation and coordination of all trends (both cost and schedule). You will liaise with cost engineers, planners and wider project team in the development of all trends; inclusive of support the Owners team as required. You will report to the Lead Cost Engineer for day-to-day direction and support, and functionally to the Project Controls Manager / Field Project Controls Manager.
You will be a key part of our project team – performing all Delivery Partner (DP) / Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) Project Controls trend duties on behalf of ERA.
To succeed in this role you will need to be familiar with the DP / IPMT baseline, contract terms, scope, and all other project requirements and how they relate to changes, both scope changes and non-scope changes.
You will work as part of the larger DP / IPMT package management team(s) to fulfill the DP / IPMT obligations where you maintain relationships with project personnel, particularly with the assigned package team members, and may have continuing contacts with ERA project team members and working and supervisory level personnel of other departments.
This role will be based on site at the Ranger Mine jobsite offices where you will be assigned on a fly in/fly out roster (2 weeks on, 1 week off) flying to and from Darwin – with a drive to the Jabiru work site – where camp accommodation is provided.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Undertakes trend engineer responsibilities / duties in compliance with applicable standards. Undertakes the timely performance of trend engineering activities
• Trains new starters (across full project team) in the requirements of the trend program
• Responsible for the development and accuracy of cost and schedule trends and trend reports across the whole of project in support of the package cost engineers and package schedulers. Responsible for contributing into reports required by DP/ IPMT management and project procedures
• Contributes to the monthly progress and cost reports including status of trends impacting budgets, forecasts and explanation of significant movements
• Conducts weekly trend meetings and chairs the discussions
• Presents trend data with respect to contingency movements
• At the request of the Package Manager and/or Lead Cost Engineer/ Lead Planner, may attend weekly/monthly package reviews with the contractor, trend review meetings, package team progress review meetings, and ad-hoc meetings as required by the Package Manager, Lead Cost Engineer or Lead Planner.
• Provides, as required, cost engineering requirements to support cost engineer assigned contract package. Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the Lead Cost Engineer to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete
• Interfaces with designated DP / IPMT management and ERA counterparts for specific cost presentations
• Undertakes the timely preparation of cost/schedule trend estimates. Prepares and examines comparisons of scope, quantities, schedule and cost data for the assigned package.
• Maintains trend module of EcoSys
• Prepares, as requested, cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, and cost and quantity comparisons. Develops innovative new techniques to meet specific needs, as required. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs
• Promotes the creation of a work environment, helped by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
What We Offer
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.