Location: Jabiru, NT
Bechtel Mining and Metals has an opportunity for an Environmental, Safety and Health Advisor to join the ERA Ranger Rehabilitation project in Jabiru.
This role will be based on site at the Ranger Mine jobsite offices where you will be assigned on a fly in/fly out roster (2 weeks on, 1 week off) flying to and from Darwin – with a drive to the Jabiru work site – where camp accommodation is provided.
About the Project:
After more than 35 years operating as a successful uranium mine, the Ranger Project is entering its rehabilitation stage.
Bechtel will be working alongside ERA and major stakeholder Rio Tinto to restore the land to the status of its surrounding World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. A collaborative project, this project will be developed in consultation with the Mirarr Traditional Owners and will benefit the Jabiru community.
About the Benefits:
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and challenging local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live a healthy life.
With a market aligned salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through our strong health and safety focus and private health cover including access to a leading employee assistance program.
About the Role:
As our Project ESH (Environment Safety and Health) Advisor you will be involved in providing ESH advice and facilitating, promoting and coordinating activities related to ensuring the health and safety of all project participants.
You will champion ESH on site and continuously contribute to a positive safety culture – leading by example, encouraging personnel and providing timely advice and help as required for the entire project workforce.
Your key responsibilities include:
- provide advice and help for site ESH assessments and project risk assessments including Risk Assessments, Job Hazards Analysis (JHA).
- participate in project 30/60/90-day planning.
- contribute to the improvement of HSE processes and procedures.
- help the implementation of the Contractor HSE plan.
- participate in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors.
- stop work in dangerous situations or conditions having imminent adverse ESH impact (i.e. person, plant & or equipment).
- assist in data collection and assist in the creation of required reports.
- execute other HSE duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Formal qualifications in environmental and/or safety, engineering, process safety, health or related discipline.
- Ideally will possess experience in construction or mining in a safety role.
- Working and applied knowledge of HSE systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience working within an Australian legislation context (e.g. interpreting and providing advice based on relevant OHS Acts & Regulations).
- Some knowledge of permitting processes and responsibilities, Industry standards for HSE compliance, and best management practices for minimising HSE impacts during project execution.
- Offers of employment will be conditional upon successful completion of a medical examination (including but not limited to a functional exam and drug and alcohol testing).
Working Rights in Australia without employer sponsorship are required.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer & commit to respond to every applicant.
Why Choose Bechtel?
At Bechtel, we know that people like you deliver our customers’ projects—projects with a purpose that create a lasting positive legacy in the communities where we live and work.
Just as we are committed to helping our customers achieve their visions, we are committed to offering the best people in the industry—people like you—with rewarding, challenging, and flexible long-term careers.
People like you are needed on projects that create jobs and grow economies; improve the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure; connect communities to resources and opportunities; get us closer to net zero; tackle critical environmental challenges to protect people and the planet; and accelerate progress to make the world a cleaner, greener, safer place.
LINK to apply here
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.