Location: Kings Mountain , NC – Lithium Site
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered specialty chemicals. The Kings Mountain Mining Project is a critical growth project to realize Albemarle’s 2030 strategy and desired market leadership position. It will consist of a mine, concentrator and associated non process infrastructure to produce a spodumene concentrate product.
Lead Electrical Engineer reports to the Kings Mountain Mining Project Engineering Manager and is responsible for developing the electrical facilities consistent with Albemarle quality and technical requirements, management and application of design effort (i.e. design calculations, drawings, specifications and technical review of the works, etc.) working closely with the Electrical team to ensure timely, cost effective and fit for purpose engineering and design output complying with the project’s cost and schedule constraints.
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle safety standards throughout the full Project life cycle (FEL2, FEL3 and Execution).
- Assist in developing and conveying the unique safety culture of the Kings Mountain plant, with the new systems developed, to contractors and vendors with the goal of zero harm (or other similar protocols developed for Kings Mountain)
- Liaise with Corporate Electrical Engineer to ensure that corporate technical policies and standards, relevant directives and lessons learned are being considered in the Kings Mountain design.
- Work collaboratively with both the Albemarle Project team and EPCM discipline leads.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to the EPCM Electrical Team with respect to engineering deliverables, reporting, cost and schedule accountability to meet or exceed project requirements.
- Assist in development of the Project design scope.
- Participate in overall estimate reviews at gate reviews for FEL2, FEL3 and final execution.
- Contribute to the development of the integrated Project schedule and change management/mitigation.
- Coordinate electrical issues with the EPCM.
- Review completeness and accuracy, approve or endorse deliverables per the Project “Document Distribution and Approval Matrix.”
- Review and comment on engineering design calculations and documentation such as specifications, Scope of Works, Single line diagrams, Schematics, PFD’s, P&ID’s, plot plans, and equipment arrangement drawings
- Participate in HAZOP’s and resolve any assigned HAZOP action items.
- Assist in resolving plant electrical concerns.
- Participate in value engineering, constructability, and risk reviews and support maintenance of the risks and opportunities register.
- Review and provide input on equipment specifications/selections.
- Coordinate and communicate Project activities with reliability engineer counterparts.
- Provide input on electrical related construction issues.
- Identify any Project deficiencies for Project team correction.
- Lead the interface and relationship with the electrical supply authority to negotiate and develop a power supply solution.
- Provides strategic direction in electrical procurement, supplier, and contractor engagement strategies.
- Assist with the coordination and integration of Project activities with Operations counterparts.
- Coordinate electrical support to the commissioning and start-up teams, including providing input into associated procedures.
- Support punch listing/walk-down activities for all Project facilities during final stage of construction
- Assist Operations team with pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as required.
- Assist Operations team with unit start-up activities, as required and according to operating procedures.
- Sign off for care, custody, and transfer (CCT) where required.
- Identify project deficiencies for Project team correction, participating in de-bottle necking studies for future train(s) definition, construction and commissioning.
- Track record in the detailed design of complex engineering and design projects, together with experience in manufacturing processes and principles
- Track record working on a major project environment in a multi-disciplinary team environment, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to integrate seamlessly into a project team at any point during its lifecycle.
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve results.
- Extensive knowledge within the subject discipline reflecting significant experience in the detailed design of complex multi-discipline projects.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of 3D intelligent design and project delivery systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards as well as the applicable statutory requirements
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality, Human Resources and Industrial Relations requirements and principles
- Specialist knowledge of discipline-based applications software
- Excellent general computer literacy skills
- 8 years’ experience of relevant, postgraduate, engineering experience in a similar role in the mining/resource sector, minerals processing, oil & gas, LNG, and/or petrochemical industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Familiar with applicable codes, requirements, standards, etc., for USA regulations
- Ability to work with all levels of engineering, construction, and plant personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today here