Job Position: Capital Procurement Specialist
Location: Australia-WA Perth (PER)
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
This position is an integral part of the capital procurement management team as an advisor for Albemarle on all procurement administration and management matters required to successfully execute Albemarle’s capital projects. The Procurement Specialist will support capital project execution to ensure procurement activities are legally compliant and meet the commercial needs of Albemarle and its key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with discipline members of Albemarle project team.
- Contribute to the development of the integrated Project schedule and change management/mitigation.
- Work with Project Management team to identify Project sourcing needs.
- Lead and manage Capital sourcing events.
- Identify, pre-qualify and confirm Supplier capabilities to potentially execute Capital work.
- Work closely with Project team to ensure all documentation for sourcing events are obtained and of high quality.
- Full management of sourcing process including supplier management and communication, clarifications and close-out of tenders.
- Lead the evaluation process (technical and commercial) to ensure all functions are aligned during evaluation process.
- Completion of all commercial evaluations including commercial departures, financial checks and analysis of cost and lead times.
- Negotiate commercial departures and costs (using high yield tools) to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- Complete full recommendation of award and present to business for approval.
- Draft contract to engage successful supplier and obtain relevant approvals and contract signatures.
- Assist with the coordination of procurement daily issues.
- Oversee procurement tools application to ensure they are legal, ethical, and in conformance with Albemarle’s policies and requirements.
- Support to ensure completeness, accuracy and subsequently approve or endorse deliverables per document distribution and approval matrix.
- Assist project procurement manager for performing project whole lifecycle procurement working process.
- Actively direct procurement activities for dispute\claims avoidance & resolution, and when necessary, assist in litigation or arbitration activities to resolve disputes.
- Assist to build, manage and maintain the relationship with third-party stakeholders, suppliers to enhance the future benefit for Albemarle.
- Interface with and initiate where appropriate internal and external legal counsel reviews, as required.
- Ensure that Albemarle’s rights and obligations in contract or at law is protected and executed.
- Assist in vendor reviews and audits.
- Active participation in establishing, monitoring of procure-to-pay and contracting governance and risk management processes.
- Conduct project procurement management for sustaining/revamping projects and fast track small value projects, comply with the company’s capital procurement procedure.
- Have hands on procurement experience in Capital Projects.
- Knowledge of commercial contract law and management principles.
- Must be self-motivated and act with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in a collaborative environment is essential.
- Good in stakeholders’ management and communication.
- High-performance individual.
- Full process contract management experience in capital projects in the region.
- Continuous improvement and learning mindset.
- Adaptable, flexible, persuasive, encouraging.
- Limited travel (as required)
Work Experience / Technical Skill Requirements
- 5 years+ large or sustaining capital procurement planning and execution in heavy industrial applications (chemical/specialty chemicals, mining, oil and gas, etc.) including equipment, materials and service categories (contractors and consultants including EPC/EPCM scenarios) categories in the region.
- Familiar with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ariba and SAP experience is a plus
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering and/or Procurement discipline
- Master’s degree is a plus
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today here