Field Service Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Purpose of Role
The Field Service Specialist for Motion Metrics works directly with customers to provide pro-active support, perform preventative maintenance and solve field problems. This is a fast-paced position requiring technical contribution, working with minimum supervision, continually improving standard work and the engineering processes; solid electrical engineering skills and an understanding of networking and cloud services. Work hand in hand with local account managers to provide exceptional customer service including training and documenting procedures for the mine.
Why choose Weir
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
• Technical Support: Technical support to be provided in the field, by phone, email, or other media to internal teams or customers when required. Hands-on when visiting mines for system installation or support/maintenance activities by directing, supporting, or performing hands-on activities for the systems maintenance/installation. Remotely connect to client servers at mine sites to obtain performance data for system evaluation. Deliver the highest quality service and support during the installation, commissioning, operation, and Support/Maintenance of Motion Metrics systems.
• Customer Service: Build and maintain client relationships, ensuring the field activities are prioritized and executed, supporting the customer when required. Prepare periodic status reports to be shared with customers and ensure the work to be done is adequately informed to the field maintenance team. Seek feedback from customer on ways to improve system or service.
• Communication: Maintain regular and effective communication with the Global Support Team regarding technical issues to resolve customer needs adequately. Create and perform on-site training sessions with customers to help engrain the system into their operation which would be across multiple functions.
• Pro-active Problem Solving: Use technical knowledge to perform root cause failure analysis and look for ways to improve system reliability continually. Running reports on a regular cadence and before site visits for effective visits.
• Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
• Any equivalent of educataion and expeirnce will be considered for candidates that have the ability to perform the objectives above
• Minimum 3 years of experrience in Customer Support roles for industrial environments, with expertise in pre-sales and post-sales
• Degree in Engineering, preferred in areas of Elecrtical or Electronics
Click here to apply
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir’s technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost. With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,000 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.
Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.