Frequent travel and can be based in either: Portland, OR, Salt Lake City, UT or Phoenix, AZ locations
Purpose of Role
Assist to establish, implement and maintain a SHE (EHS) Management System that progresses toward a Zero-Harm environment.
Monitor and evaluate workplace conditions, processes, and practices to ensure compliance with local, state, and national Safety, Health, and Environmental legislation, the Weir SHE Management System, Standards and Protocols, and ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
- SHE Initiatives: Support and coordinate all SHE-related activities and support the wider Weir Group, Divisional and Regional initiatives on our journey towards Zero Harm.
- Sales & Service Locations: Mutli location collaboration with Site Management and advise on reducing and eliminating risks from leading and lagging indicator trend analysis. Work with the site management teams to ensure the SHE standards and expectations of internal and external stakeholders are being met.
- Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for candidates that have the ability to perform the objectives above.
- 5 years or more of SHE management System implementation experience required
- ISO 14001 and 45001 Management systems. Lead Auditor status preferred
- Effective organization, planning, and priority-setting skills including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Click here to apply
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir’s technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost. With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,000 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.
Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.