Product Performance Manager
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best-in-class solutions, or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce, Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As Product Performance Manager, you will be responsible for advising dealer and/or customer maintenance, operations, and leadership on Asset Health and/or Productivity related areas of concern by performing complex analysis work, accurately understanding the status quo, and identifying and resolving problems that can be tactical or strategic in nature. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches. You may be tasked with modifying existing approaches or developing new solutions.
You will set priorities and establish a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Key quality goals will include Machine Availability, Customer Satisfaction, Machine, and Parts sales, Customer Continuous Improvement, Equipment Management, Timeliness, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Site KPI Achievement. You will be tasked with changing the way work is performed to meet quality goals for the measure(s) stated.
- Organize and execute assigned projects according to the dealer and/or customer requirements with minimal supervision.
- Collect required information through a variety of methods (interviews, surveys, site visits, etc.).
- Perform data analysis using suitable tools and systems to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Provide solutions and recommendations that will improve key customer metrics, such as machine availability, production, cost, safety, mean time between stoppages, mean time to repair.
- Present findings and suggestions to the dealer, customer maintenance / operational leadership, or internal Caterpillar with justification, practical advice, and successfully influence move toward common vision, goals, and expected results.
- Utilize business financials and effective cost per hour and/or cost per ton methodology to affect change.
- Develop, prioritize and implement effective equipment management, operations, and/or application processes at the mine site.
- Coach on mining equipment management and/or machine application practices and lead dealer and customer initiatives, if requested.
- Counsel dealer and/or customer in developing increased human performance capability by identifying performance gaps and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Assist dealer and/or customer with documentation, training, and change management.
- Establish and maintain strong dealer/customer relationships.
- Deliver service on time, on budget, and with quality that meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations.
- Understand and deploy Caterpillar Best Practices for maintenance and repair and equipment optimization strategies and tactics.
- Represent Caterpillar at mining industry seminars or events.
- Must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and apply knowledge to the dealer and/or customer needs.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining or mining-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years of job-related mining experience.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous experience with Caterpillar’s Maintenance & Repair process framework.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Experience implementing maintenance and repair improvement plans or site improvement projects working with dealers and/or customers (availability, reliability, and/or cost).
- Proven ability to work with and influence people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to demonstrate curiosity, creativity, innovation, problem-solving, and business judgment.
- Strong understanding of cost per hour and cost per ton factors and how they related to mining equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of mining products (preferably Caterpillar products), machine applications, mine site applications, mining equipment management methodology, autonomous systems, and mine/dealer relationships.
The location for this position is Tucson, Arizona (USA) or Vaughan, Ontario (Canada) or Peterlee (England).
Domestic relocation assistance is available.
This position may require 50% travel.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Closing date: 24 October 2021