IWiM launched this video storytelling campaign in 2019 with the support of AngloAmerican and De Beers Group to spotlight barriers to gender equality but also the many ways and means to overcome them for a more diverse and inclusive mining sector.
We heard from men and women around the world, in all roles and functions across the mining sector, about how their actions or those of a colleague or their company made their workplace more inclusive. 75 inspirational video stories are available on IWiM’s Youtube channel in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese and covering a wide array of topics and inclusion moments.
See the videos here and feel free to share and comment
What do I need to do to participate?
Film yourself answering as many of these questions as you want. If only one question seems relevant, that’s fine, equally you could answer them all. Clips should be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long.
You can video yourself or ask someone to video it. Alternatively, you can also interview two people or a team can be interviewed/ do the video.
- How are you getting involved in supporting gender equality?
- What did you do to help a colleague of a different gender/or your team to be more inclusive?
- What was the outcome and impact of your action for this person or team and/or the reaction and impact for the company?
- What do you think are the barriers to gender diversity and how can we overcome them?
- How is your company supporting gender diversity?
- If you could ask people in mining to make one change that would have a positive effect on gender equality, what would it be and why?
How can I make sure I make a good film?
Film your video with your phone somewhere quiet with good light. Faces and voices should be clear and easy to understand. If you have access to a microphone or professional filming – you are welcome to use that. Try to film your video horizontally.
Where should I send my video to?
Email your video clips to firstname.lastname@example.org as a link. We recommend using the free service wetransfer.com or you could share direct from your phone with a link sharing app, via Dropbox or Google drive.
Don’t forget to tell us your name, company, job title and country and include any social media handles, so we can tag you when we post.
By submitting your video you acknowledge the Terms and Conditions and allow IWiM to use your video.
What will happen to my video?
An editor will moderate the video and select some or all of your clip, which will be uploaded to our YouTube channel Mining Together-Inclusion begins with us and shared across social media. We reserve the right not to use it.
Please subscribe to our You Tube Channel and feel free to comment on the videos.