At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Tempe, AZ Mining group has an immediate need for an Electrical Project Engineer to help anchor our office and serve various clients on both feasibility and detailed engineering/construction mine infrastructure projects
Your Key Responsibilities
HEALTH & SAFETY
As a member of the Stantec team, you are expected to:
- Understand and work according to the requirements of the Stantec Safety Culture. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our ultimate goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its Clients.
- Ensure all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analyze project deliverables for possible safety and constructability risks and solutions.
As a project engineer, your primary duties will include:
- Leading a team of engineers and designers in the planning and execution of project work including scoping, asset integrity assessments and as-built documentation, detailed engineering and technical support during construction and commissioning.
- Planning and overseeing the execution of the electrical scope of projects. This includes ownership of the electrical discipline’s scope, schedule and budget, and the progress reporting that comes with it.
- Coordination of project delivery by communicating with engineers, designers, project managers, procurement teams and construction management teams to ensure the design will be delivered according to safety, quality, schedule and budget.
- Regular interface with other disciplines and departments to execute projects.
- Attending client meetings and corresponding with the client as required.
- Involvement in technical business development, project scoping and proposal activities to support clients throughout the US.
- Leading and mentoring staff, including engineers and designers.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is required:
Electrical Infrastructure & Power Distribution Systems Design including:
- 25 kV and 15 kV power distribution;
- 5 kV and 600 V power distribution/motor control;
- Mine infrastructure design including switch rooms, messenger, tray, shaft/borehole cable installations;
- Mine wide power distribution and capacitive charging current/ground potential rise assessments;
- Condition assessment and function testing;
Mine Services Process Control & Instrumentation Design including:
- Ore & Waste Handling (Traffic Management -Ore Pass Dumping Controls, Crusher Controls, Conveyor Synchronization);
- Hoisting System Process Control and Interfaces;
- Process Piping Systems (Dewatering, Fuel Delivery, Compressed Air, Process Water);
- Industrial Buildings Services;
Mine Automation/Communication Systems Design including:
- Fiber-optic communication networks;
- PLC/HMI Process Control Systems;
- Leaky Feeder.
Education and Experience
- 10-15 years of experience in surface or underground mining.
- A Professional Engineering license in the State of Arizona. Licensure in other states such as Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, and/or Utah is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Safety and Health Administration.
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer on detailed engineering/construction projects with a consulting firm or Owner’s team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and project engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. and willing to learn new software as required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to take the lead on a project team.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To apply for this job please visit stantec.referrals.selectminds.com.