Job ID: 180001Q2
Category: Civil Engineer
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are actively seeking a new Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) for the Mining team within the Ontario North and East region. The Mining team pursues and executes mining projects of varying size and complexity throughout the world. This position is based in Sudbury or North Bay.
The BCML will be responsible for the Financial and Administrative functions of the BC. You will work closely with the Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL), Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) and the Financial Services Manager with respect to financial budgeting, forecasting, month end and other reporting. The BCML will also work closely with Functional Services Teams such as Human Resources, Legal and IT. The BCML reports directly to the Regional Business Leader with a dotted line responsibility to the Regional Leader in Ontario North and East.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Financial Services Manager (based in Ottawa) with respect to financial budgeting, orecasting, month end and other reporting.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Legal and IT to ensure compliance within process, systems, deadlines, and reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Stantec’s policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the BC.
- Develops BC’s annual strategic business plan outlining the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation and sets specific goals for performance and/or growth for the BC and develops the annual budget.
- Establishes and maintains Stantec’s position as one of the top professional services firms in the region for Mining.
- Works collaboratively with BC, regional and national leadership to achieve business objectives.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of Mining industry.
- Proven leadership experience including operational, financial, people and project management.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and people skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, accountability, creativity, high standards, ethical values and achievement orientation.
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and implementing skills.
- Committed to succession planning and staff development.
- Proven ability to articulate vision and create a high level of engagement with staff.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationship with internal groups, key business partners and clients.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with both internal and external groups.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Strong sense of teamwork and community.
Education and Experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To apply for this job please visit stantec.referrals.selectminds.com.