We have recently unveiled a new logo and website. Now we are able to provide you with more content and opportunities. We are getting in touch to let you know about our upcoming webinar next week.
International Women in Mining presents FREE access to:
101 of Mine and Project Economics
Have you considered the benefits of becoming a registered member of International Women in Mining? In addition to supporting your industry network and all of the benefits that come with membership, joining by February 17th as a registered member gives you free entry to session 10 of our Women on Boards webinar programme.
This means you can tune in live to the 101 of Mine & Project Economics webinar. Delivered by Mike Barden, CEO of Commodity and Mining Insight Ltd, this seminar will support our registered members in becoming better skilled at understanding the basics of mine and project economics. The information you will learn here will enable you to better position yourself for a place on a board should that be in your future. Or you may simply like to improve on your ability to contribute to financial discussions within your organisation.
Mike Barden’s seminar will help foster an understanding of the context and terminology used in the estimation and reporting of project and mine economics. Topics covered will range from unit mining costs through to revenues and realised prices. In addition, the seminar will outline the link between physical measures of performance and financial outcomes.Topics to be covered:
- Overview of the project and mine lifecycle
- An explanation of project and mine value-drivers
- Key terms used and their implications for value
- Optimisation opportunities and approaches
- Tracking and measurement of performance
- Critical risks to be aware of
*The webinar will be available as a recording following the live events; however, please endeavour to attend live, as the seminar is intended to be interactive and will feature a Q&A component.
Taking out a full membership with International Women in Mining brings with it a range of benefits. These include:
- Network internationally via a secure members’ directory;
- Be part of a project to add more female experts to the programme line-ups for mining conferences by putting yourself forward as a speaker. We are connecting with conference organisers and will let you know when opportunities arise. More info here
- If you are looking to sit on a company board, you may like the idea of being in our “board-ready women” database, which we will promote to mining companies and finally abolish the myth that no suitable women exist. We would interview you beforehand to establish suitability. Women on Boards is high on our agenda so we developed a WOB webinar programme for women in mining that started last year and finishes in February. Recordings are available for each session. Building on this, the work on the WOB database started in January 2016.
- Be made aware of opportunities
- Access to future webinars
- This year, we will be setting up best-practice forums by function and you will get a chance to participate.
The cost to become a full member for one year is USD$40. Concession prices are available on request for those in emerging market countries, students or unemployed. If you need a concession discount code email Mia Trina, our Head of Admin at email@example.com
To register as a member of International Women in Mining, please click on this link
Alternatively, if you or someone you know would like to join us for this webinar as a one-off (without becoming a full member), we would still love to have you! The cost for single access to the webinar and a recording of the seminar is USD$25 (again concession prices apply). Use this link to book online
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a concession discount stating your intent to purchase access to the 101 of Mine & Project Economics webinar only.This webinar programme is supported by
PearTree Securities Inc. and Ernst & Young LLP
|International WIM – Webinar on 17th of February 2016 – 101 of Mine and Project Economics|
|Speaker:||Mike Barden, CEO Commodity and Mining Insight Ltd|
|Dates:||17 February 2016 – Session 1|
|(two options)||9am London, 10am Paris/Johannesburg, 5pm Perth, 7pm Brisbane & Sydney|
|17 February 2016 – Session 2|
|4pm London, 8am Vancouver, 9am Denver, 11am Toronto|