Originally published by Chamber of Minerals and Energy – November 2017.
RECOGNISING THE POWER OF DIVERSITY IN THE WA RESOURCES SECTOR
Established in 2010 by the Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia, the Women in Resources Awards is designed to recognise individuals and organisations working to build a world-class industry which provides attractive career opportunities and enhances the recognition and participation of women in the sector.
Previous winners have come from a wide range of organisations in the WA resources sector and varied career fields including engineering, trades, technical, operations, processing, human resources, environmental, management, geology and community relations.
The entry process encourages individuals and companies to reflect on their achievements and the impact they have made to help encourage the participation of women in the WA resources sector.
IndividualsPast finalists and winners say their involvement in the Women in Resources Awards has provided opportunities to form new networks and new career experiences. They have also had opportunities to share ideas, support and continue to be role models to others both within and outside the sector by their considerably raised profile.
CompaniesRecognising and celebrating the successes of their employees and initiatives have enabled companies to build upon their brand as employer of choice and be recognised for their gender diversity leadership. They have experienced opportunities to promote their company both within and outside the sector through speaking engagements and the media.
- NominationCandidates are nominated by a colleague, professional contact or company. Nominations open 23 September 2016. The nominator completes the candidate’s submission online.
- Close of NominationsNominations close on Monday 7 November 2016 at 5:00pm.
- Nomination WorkshopCME will host a nomination workshop to assist companies and nominators in planning and preparing nominations for the 2017 awards. The lunchtime workshop will be held on Thursday 6 October from 12noon – 1.00pm. For further details about the nomination workshop or to register your attendance please email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finalists AnnouncedFinalists will be announced in mid-January 2017.
- Presentation Breakfast EventAward finalists will be honoured and winners announced at the CME Women in Resources Awards breakfast on Friday 3 March 2017, coinciding with International Women’s Day celebrations, hosted once again by popular media personality and political commentator Annabel Crabb.
The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) is WA’s peak resources sector representative body.
CME’s role is to champion the WA resources sector and assist in achieving its vision to lead the world in sustainable practice through innovation and underpin Australia’s position in the global economy.