Diversity in mining: your toolkit to implementing a strategic plan
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Time: 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Venue: Vancouver, Canada
Registration: by April 7 at Picatic
SPECIAL NOTE: We have limited seats for this event. Your registration does not guarantee you a place. Names will be randomly drawn to ensure everyone is given a chance to attend.
EY, Fasken Martineau and WIM (BC) invite you to join us for an exclusive panel discussion on diversity in the mining sector and how companies are exploring new ideas to feature and highlight this important resource. Take this opportunity to connect with colleagues and peers in the local mining and metals sector, while enjoying canapés and wine.
EY and WIM (UK) recently launched a guide that answers the question, “Has mining discovered its next great resource?” This guide details some of the core principles and actions that all organizations in the mining sector, regardless of size, should consider adopting as part of their process to support women and retain and develop valuable talent within their organizations.
Sharing their insights are the following panelists:
- Dr. Nicole Adshead-Bell, Director at Pretium Resources, Dalradian Resources, and Lithium Americas Corp.
- Dr. Sheryl Staub-French, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering at UBC and Goldcorp Professor for Women in Engineering
- Anna Tudela, VP of Diversity, Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Secretary at Goldcorp
- Dean Winsor, VP of Human Resources at Teck and Chairperson of Teck’s Senior Executive Diversity Committee
The panel will:
- Explore the findings of the report
- Discuss how to implement simple projects that can promote and improve diversity within mining companies
- Share first-hand insights and examples of implementation from their own organizations
Both men and women are invited to join us for this exciting event and to push the diversity agenda forward. You’ll also have the opportunity to submit questions for our panelists.
Space is limited. Register today for this invitation-only event. You will receive written confirmation of your invitation via email, along with a ticket number.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org