Cultural research consultancy in Australia and Canada
RESEARCH ASSISTANT/EDITOR (GENDER)
Factive is seeking to employ a research assistant and editor, to help with editing and research tasks.
Factive (www.factive.com.au) is a cultural research consultancy based in Australia and Canada, with global clients. Our focus is gender and safety in business and communities. Our work is completed in partnership with international organisations, government bodies, and private companies.
The Research Assistant/Editor will be employed on a casual basis to assist with work on specific projects. In the first instance, you will be tasked with editing draft reports. You will be expected to review first drafts and client feedback, and quickly assess what needs to be done to bring the reports to completion. You will then be tasked with carrying out this work. Research skills, writing, and editing are key to the completion of this work.
In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to show:
- a completed postgraduate degree related to gender (completed or near completion)
- exceptional writing and editing skills in English
- experience of working in a research environment or as a research assistance (e.g., literature reviews, sourcing information, writing reports)
- evidence of having applied a multi-disciplinary approach to gender issues (within the context of industry and workplaces preferred)
- ability to work independently and to complete tasks according to strict deadlines
- an interest in exploring women’s safety
Interested applicants should send a completed application to email@example.com. Your application must include the following:
- a letter of motivation indicating why you are suitable for this position (1 page max.)
- a CV which includes current contact details for 2 references (3 pages max.)
- extracts from research publications or reports you have written, preferably in the field of gender (4 pages max.)
Applications are accepted from suitable candidates located anywhere in the world. The deadline for applications is 5 February 2017.